gas tank mounting

GoldenMotor.com

connor

Mar 17, 2012
pheonix az
hi, the bar were i attach my gas container is to big so i dont have enough room. should i just use some random scrap metal or it comes with or just go down to lowes or something. thx

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Re: gas tank

Welcome to the forum!
Odd introduction you have here....

Folks tend to do whatever they need to do when custom fitting a gas tank to an oversized top tube.
U bolts and flat steel come to mind......

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas

Without a pic to actually see what you have it's kinda hard to tell you what you have, BUT........

If I'm thinking on the right lines, I think you mean that the top bar/tube is so big that the metal straps that came in the kit are not big enough/long enough so that they can bend around the top tube so the straps will reach the studs that are on the tank for securing it.

Is this correct?

If so Yes you can just get some thin pieces of strap steel figure out the length you need and then drill holes for the studs and you will be in business. (^)

Map

hi, the bar were i attach my gas container is to big so i dont have enough room. should i just use some random scrap metal or it comes with or just go down to lowes or something. thx

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

If it is a matter of tank mounting stud length, you can buy rod couplings from most hardware stores. The stock kit tanks use a 5mm stud. Buy four 5mm rod couplings and screws long enough to make up the length.
If your problem is width, and that would be very unusual, mount the tank on top of the top bar with some steel strap and imigination.
Tom

Attachments

Last edited: