need help with girvin forks!

GoldenMotor.com

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
So I picked up a proflex bike frame and Girvin Fork today - for $10 - super psyched on that. http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=girvin+fork&FORM=HDRSC2#a The problem is the elastomers are a gooey mess as is typical, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the elastomers from the shaft that they are on. I have the fork all apart and now only have this piece left to disassemble:

In theory, this piece should come apart, the elastomers should slide off, and I should be able to replace them with a spring, however I cannot figure out how to remove the elastomers.

here are some more photos:

will somebody who has experience with these forks clue me in on how to disassemble them??? Thanks :-||

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Looks to me like they come off the top after removing the ball end and nuts...hope this helps. ( I just figured out it's an install guide, not a rebuild guide, sorry)

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
just to update this thread - figured it out. Now just have to find a spring (probably from a ****ty wallmart dual suspension bike) to replace the nasty s'mored elastomers with

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Check out body mounts for replacement rubbers...
I have also seen the large beehive shaped KONG dog toys used as springs.
Worth a look.