Pirate Cycles 36, 38, 40, and 42's

GoldenMotor.com

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Hello Everyone,
Just wanted to let you all know we are now stocking 36, 38, 40, and 42 tooth sprockets to run with the Manic Hub Adapters we sell. We stock the 1.524 to 1.528 size adapter that fits the Shimano CB-110, Shimano CB-110E, and the micargi rear wheel. Complete wheels are also available in black or steel. The adapters are ready for immediate shipment!

Thanks,
Justin

Traveller

Nov 14, 2009
Southern CA
Justin,
What size chain are the sprockets made for? Will they work with 415 HD (heavy duty) chains, the ones that come with PowerKing Kits?

Have there been any reports of splippage?

What type of speeds should I expect from each of the sprockets (38,40,42)?

--Traveller
I am currently running a 80cc (really 66cc!) SkyHawk motor.

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Justin,
What size chain are the sprockets made for? Will they work with 415 HD (heavy duty) chains, the ones that come with PowerKing Kits?

Have there been any reports of splippage?

What type of speeds should I expect from each of the sprockets (38,40,42)?

Hi traveller,

The sprockets are designed for the 415 HD Chain.

Speeds , the lower tooth sprockets will give you the most speed. The higher tooth sprockets will give you the most torque.

Slippage.. No Chance, as long as the adapter used is for the above named hubs or hub size.
The way it works is the adapter tightens to the hub. The sprocket won't go on the adapter till the adapter is tight.
Once the sprocket goes on the adapter. Now the adapter is locked on to the hub. Tighten and use some blue thread lock on the allen buttons that secure the sprocket to the adapter.

A grubee motor does not have enough power to pull a 36 tooth sprocket unless you have at least modified your exhaust. The black cat muffler is one of the most air restricting mufflers on the market. Hands down..

The 40 tooth seems to be the cream of the crops As far as speed and torque Is concerned.

I hope this answered all your questions.

Thanks,
Justin

Last edited: