Extra / Spare throttle grip anyone have?

GoldenMotor.com

Street Asasn

Oct 8, 2009
Austin, TX
I broke mine, and I just thought someone might have an extra before i have to shell out on parts and shipping, ill pay cost and what you neeed for it.... thanks
Philip

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Going through the same thing- Gosh, I thought I could get that BMX mushroom grip on!

Just need a plastic sleeve and everyone sells the whole throttle, and with shipping these days, it's a stupid mistake!

Recommendations- go with the grips that come in the kit!

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Ok- done a little saerching- the cheapest replacement I've found seems to be on ebay-

go there and search "Motorized bicycle"- you'll get about 800 results of mostly kits and parts-

put the items per page on 100 per page, and on page three (today, results will vary) there are two listings for a pair of grips with the nylon inner sleeve for the twist throttle

(no outer kill switch assembly, and no cable- although there are listings for those too)

anyway, boygofast has a pair for about $6 or best offer and $5.50 shipping: abou $11
another vendor has some for a little less, less than ten, shipped

I think that's about the best we can do, unless you need the kill switch too, then those are more $$$.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Ok, on more thought- I'm going with boygofast, because I've bought stuff from there before and had no trouble (The 49 slant head kit arrived today, for the Schwinn World Traveler build! Chrome tank, and chrome extension muffler looks like it WILL fit. this will be one shaprp looking lightweight machine!)

and the other grips are sorta a gamble- no real guarantee they're the right sleeve for our motor kits.

good luck

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
I broke mine, and I just thought someone might have an extra before i have to shell out on parts and shipping, ill pay cost and what you neeed for it.... thanks
Philip
Pay the shipping and Ill give you a new set for free. USPS flat rate small box. $5.00.
What grips are you using? Grubee, Jet, Pk??
Justin
Pirate Cycles