Rear disk brake

GoldenMotor.com

BRASSBUSTERPC

Jul 19, 2015
Indianapolis, IN.
Wanting to have a disk brake on the rear of my gasbike, the frame is a GT2A from King's motor bike's, putting the 4 stroke motor on it. I have a 29in Genesis front fork with disk on the front and want to go with a disk on the rear. I plan on using a clam shell and not the pineapple set up, was thinking of using the cb-110 coaster brake hub but a disk brake won't work on there??, what would be the best hub?, as a newbe here any help or input woud be great. Say's my pic's are to large to post I'll try to resize and post where I'm at with the build. Thank's

caoboy

Sep 3, 2015
modesto
I'm not sure a disk brake will work. You have a drive gear on your pedal side, and on the engine side, you have another drive gear.

Where is your disk brake going to go?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The biggest hurdle is getting caliper to chain/sprocket clearance. To get full pad contact to the rotor you're almost forced to go with a small rear sprocket. 36T or even a 32T is about as big as you can go. There's also the problem with rotor to frame clearance.

Going with a large rotor, 203 or that giant 255 will get the caliper away from the chain and sprocket but most frames won't allow it due to clearance issues.
Let us know if you come up with something, affordable. And good luck.

Tom

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
Last edited: