New motorized bike owner

GoldenMotor.com

dragmrc

Sep 9, 2010
Gilbert, Arizona
Hi there my name is Marc and i live in Gilbert, AZ.
I just recently bought a SkyHawk Gt2B 48cc motorized bike fully assembled.
The bike ran great for about a week until one day it stalled on me.
I really have no knowledge or experience with motors or bikes besides what I have read on the internet.

Over the last few days I have been trying to troubleshoot my problem on my own but I have not had any luck. The engine seems like it is flooding because after each unsuccessful run the spark plug is covered in oil. I am using a 25:1 mix in oil and fuel. I have had the engine run only a few times since it stalled out. The only time it runs is when I disconnect the fuel line and burn all the excess oil off the spark plug and through the spark plug hole. It usually runs for 5 minutes and stalls out again. I figured it was out of gas and reattached the gas line and still wont run.

I'm not sure what else to do, so any help would be much appreciated.
If you need any other information to help diagnose my problem please ask.

Attachments

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
it sounds like you are not getting spark check your conections make sure they are tight the way you check for spark is disconect your spark plug lift you rear wheel and spin it if you go to a dark room you should be able to see the spark coming out of the spark plug

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Something easy to check: sometimes the nut that keeps the choke lever tight can loosen up over time. Check to see if your engine's choking. If not, as I spotted above, you may want to psyche yourself up to go looking into the carb.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome,Check the brass insert in your plug cap.
Those can loosen up and give you fits,take a straight screw driver and see if will screw in more if it does put a small drop of green lock-tite in there to keep it from loosening again.Kip.