Help

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I am wondering if I can mount an engine on my genesis v2100 mountain bike..my concern is that my shock may be in the way?

No...not a in frame mount engine... front or rear mount Yes...

First off I want to welcome you to the best MB forum I could find. Not only do we have a wide range of knowledgeable members, but also and the most active, should you have questions, the response time is really fast.

We have numerous “stickies” that cover just about any aspect on MB’s, along with a “SEARCH” function. Although at times it isn’t the easiest to use. This is due to that the title of the post that isn’t specific enough. Posting titles like “Help” doesn’t help others doing a search, and I and others tend to pass them up at times, only going back a later time, which makes an answer longer to get.

Should you have a question, and to make it easier on members, Please state specifics about your subject, such as a engine problem, tell us what engine you have, along with any other important information that we night need to help you, like what carburetor you have if known. A picture is always helpful. Like the saying goes….a picture is like a 1000 words, also we may see something that might needs to be addressed. Believe me; it happens more often then you think. We know that there are those that are not knowledgeable, or are mechanically challenged (unusually, PC correct :>), so there is not a stupid question, although I do think that sometimes, so bear with me. Hey what do you expect with 50 years of wrenches in my hands, but we all had to start somewhere.

For those that are not knowledgeable on the terms of parts on a China 2 cycle (some are specific to these HT engines), here is a link that lists about every HT part. It is real hard for me to understand what a “thingy”, “whatcha ya call it” “thing of a jig” is.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/2stroke-parts-c-4.html?osCsid=ges5a73qhdeuvshi19srjuq544

I have a link in my signature that everyone starting out with a Chinese 2 cycle ought to read. This deals with pre installing a HT engine in the frame, engine not running correctly and more.

Once again, welcome to the world of MB’s, and have a safe, enjoyable riding experience.
Ron

Last edited: