hiya, newbie with a Dyno Glider

GoldenMotor.com

Chiral

May 4, 2012
Nowheresville
About a year ago I bought a bike from a friend for $200 who had become interested in motorizing. He made a few builds for friends, then built one for himself (now mine). At the time, he was also in school learning to do automotive bodywork, and put like 9 coats on the frame for practice. Thusly...

It's a sexy bike, but I've had no idea what it was until today, when I was doing some work on it. The crank arms were extra long, and I snapped one in half cornering when the pedal hit the ground. I'm finally getting around to fixing it, and I noticed an etched emblem on the frame that allowed me to identify it.

Anywho, turns out I'm in possession of a Dyno-Glider, with a 66cc Skyhawk, chrome straight tube motorcycle style forks, and Shimano Nexave IM50 brakes, and a red/black marble paintjob. I think it's going to be my new work commuter (3 miles). If I kill the china girl, I'll get a quality engine.

Vroom.
dance1

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
We'd like to see pics of your new motorized bicycle!

I hope you become surprised at how many miles you will actually get from your chinagirl!
Some riders have apparently approached 10k! ..and YEARS!

Best
rc

Chiral

May 4, 2012
Nowheresville
I'm no stranger to a dremel, and this engine has seen MAYBE 100 miles, I'll probably tear it down and 'fix' it before I put any serious mileage on it.

Pics are on the way, can't upload from the phone.

It's getting 150mpg, so my buddy apparently didn't botch the installation.

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Chiral,
We'd all like to see photos of your bike. It sounds great. As soon as you can, share it with the members. If you're riding the bike now and haven't had any of the usual issues it's a good bet that your friend did it right. Installed correctly and properly maintained, the Chinese 2 stroke engine can give you many miles of riding pleasure. Good luck. Have fun and ride safe.

Tom