New spark plug question.

GoldenMotor.com

TehInteractive

Apr 29, 2010
Wisconsin
So I wanted to upgrade my spark plug from the generic stock one that was supplied with the kit. From what I read around on these forums, I narrowed my choice down between:

NGK (7022) BPR6HS

NGK (7331) BP6HS

People have claimed that upgrading to one of these spark plugs improves performance, but even if they don't, I'm sure they're of higher quality. I figured I may as well get one since they're so cheap.

For some reason I thought I was purchasing the BP6HS, but actually, I purchased the BPR6HS by accident, for $3.31 though RockAuto after shipping.

Now the question is, is there any significant difference between the two? What does the R stand for? And since this is an extended tip spark plug, will it come in contact with my piston? I'm using a 66cc Grubee Skyhawk slanthead engine.

Last edited:

spideyman

Aug 29, 2010
ontario
The R means resistor type so it doesnt interfere with electronics such as speedo etc. Also to check the depth of the plug to put your mind at ease just put a little modeling clay on the end of the plug install it and turn the motor by hand remove the plug and check the depth. hope this helps.