Crank seal behind small bevel

GoldenMotor.com

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
no worries i will be the first to apoligize for being me :)

this all started when i busted mine and fixed it the next day after doing searches and hearing that beautifull advice. but im hard on my bike so to each there own i guess.

holler if you need anything.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Not trying to hate on anyone, but welding the gear to the crank is a last-ditch fix to keep a wrecked crank going.
Better to fix it before it gets that bad in my opinion.
And to the OP.
If I understand you right, the key moving is what messed you up?
I have used a tiny drop of glue to hold it in place on a tight assembly...but be careful in case you ever have to work on it again.
Just a TINY DROP will do the trick to hold a loose key secure.
If it moves, stop and re-do until the gear seats correctly.

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
Not trying to hate on anyone, but welding the gear to the crank is a last-ditch fix to keep a wrecked crank going.
Better to fix it before it gets that bad in my opinion.
And to the OP.
If I understand you right, the key moving is what messed you up?
I have used a tiny drop of glue to hold it in place on a tight assembly...but be careful in case you ever have to work on it again.
Just a TINY DROP will do the trick to hold a loose key secure.
If it moves, stop and re-do until the gear seats correctly.
Yeah they key was to big for the seat so i filed it down thought i had it but obviously not. of course like i said i have been riding it with out the key. Luckily the shaft looks fine. But yes I am looking into a new engine to kind of start fresh as this was my first build. Going with Thats Dax.

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
1. I did use the search button. 2. i posted pics so maybe people could see the melted seal.... No one has discredited you. 3. There isn't much info on my situation. What is your problem.? Maybe you should stop replying to my threads. Just saying. That might solve a lot of your angst

Last edited by a moderator:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Keep in mind you may have to file the key so the gear will slide over it as well as getting it to fit the slot....
Sounds like you're close so just keep at it.
All the headaches fade when you go for a ride....

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
Keep in mind you may have to file the key so the gear will slide over it as well as getting it to fit the slot....
Sounds like you're close so just keep at it.
All the headaches fade when you go for a ride....
For sure =) thanks all

highstrung74

Nov 4, 2014
illinois
I dont understand what the big deal was.
if you need the proper size woodruff key just pm me you adresss and i ship you one free as i ordered a dozen or more from mcmaster and wouldnt have a problem helping a fellow biker out....sum one was kind enuff to give me the link on this site to the proper sized key....thanks again and just lemme know.
Dallas Dean