NEXT Parowan

GoldenMotor.com

njyork42

Apr 26, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Well, I was in Wal-Mart today while waiting on a ride, because my truck had broke down in the parking lot, and decided to take a stroll through the bicycles to see what was new. And here is what I came across for $40 since a customer had returned it. I then went and got a tape measure out of tools and hardware and went back to measure the frame. I remembered a motor being able to fit in a roadmaster, so I measure that and compared it to this one. Exactly the same size, so I knew it would fit. For $40, I had to buy it... I just had to.

Overall, the bike is actually quite small compared to a roadmaster lengthwise because of the rake of the forks and rear wheel positioning, but the center of the frame is the same.

It has nice thick steel spokes, and the bicycle has a steel frame...so its a little on the heavy side, but that is ideal for the motor anyway.

Here is a picture of it beside of my Genesis 29er, my last build, for comparison.

NEXT Parowan 26" Men's Mountain Bike - Walmart.com

And while I am at it, I thought I may throw in some pictures for you guys to enjoy of a ride that I went on the other day (26 degrees outside) on the 29er.
dnut

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Be real careful with the Parawan ! The metal frame is toilet paper thin. There is a reason that the bikes sold for only $59 brand new!! They really are crap bikes. The worst that I have ever built.

njyork42

Apr 26, 2011
Cookeville, TN
No worries.. If I can make the 29er to where it isn't wearing through the aluminum alloy frame, I think the parowan shouldn't be too much trouble. Worst case scenario is that I break a $40 frame in half while riding. When I ride, I wear a full face motorcycle helmet and usually one of my motorcycle jackets with padded kevlar jeans.. so I am not too worried about it, having been in a lot worse crashes on the racetrack and street both on my sportbikes.

familyguy

Jan 7, 2012
lincoln, ca
i bought one of those, definately cheap, i made the mistake of takin a 6 mile ride to work to test it out ( without a motor) horrible experience! but hats off to you, cheap way to start...THIS is the way i saw it when i bought it, 2 spare tires, two tubes, and two spare wheels, which in most cases would put you over $50 if you bought new...

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Ask about returned bikes sitting around in the back. I just bought 4 roadmaster 26" mtbs for less than 30$ each. Surface rust and one of them had missing pedals.

donb4103

Oct 7, 2011
Chickasha,Oklahoma
If you bought the roadmasters from a Walmart and they were in the back of the store, They could get into serious trouble!
Those bikes were to be destroyed.It is against corp. rules to sell anything that has no warranty. They are setting themselves up for a serious lawsuit. If you hurt yourself on one of those bikes you could sue the daylights out of the store for selling you a defective bike with no warranty.

njyork42

Apr 26, 2011
Cookeville, TN
I ended up never doing anything with the Parowan. I went and purchased a new road bicycle, some clip pedals, and shoes, and stuff as a new hobby instead. I didn't realize it had been that long since I logged into this forum. :lol

Done some work on the 29er since then. Runs like a champ..but now the clutch needs some new pads since I taught a girl how to use a clutch. She wants to get a motorcycle, so I figured that the bicycle would be a good intro, and it was.