Keep of the grass or let it grow, let it grow, let it grow

GoldenMotor.com

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
I bought a used self propelled push mower yesterday . Thought I deserved it . The Amish small engine shop had a decent price on a decent mower and they are quite honest people . Got the dern thing home and proceeded to pull the starter rope until my right arm was ready to fall off and my back started to cave in . No Go . Put fresh gas in it and new plug and ..............no go . Plenty of spark and wet plug and .........no go. Loaded it up back in the truck, took it back, He started it first pull . He said to make sure to have the safety bar all the way pushed down or it may not start . OK I say and thanked him . Took it home and it started but not without several pulls . Went this morning and got a e-z start plug at the store and got it started several pulls later . Shut it off and tried again .........no go . My arm hurts my neck hurts and my back hurts now I no go .

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
moral of story if you are a biker heathen do not buy from the amish...God's judgment on earth.... Just kidding lefty I don't know a thing about you sir...

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
That was actually my thought.. what the heck are guys who don't use mechanized equipment doing working on them and selling them to the english. Are they out plowing their fields with tractors in the middle of the night so the neighbors don't know.

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
If the Bishop allows it you can use gas engines for farming, including tractors and such . Most the teen boys drive cars if they can afford it, until they fully join the church .

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Goats make those nice round balls too use in the garden,but then again ponys make big ones for that,and the kids can ride them or they'll pull a trailer

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Goats are best if you have a bunch of rough scrubs you want gone. They love grape vines
and the like. Grass is second best.
Sheep on the other hand will trim your grass just like the finest lawn mower and eat around every thing else..

Did find out how upset a Menonite father can get when one of his daughters announces that she thinks you would make a really good member of the church or she would make a mighty fine English wife.
I just bought antiques from her dad and never thought about her other than to talk to her. Never found out what would have happened because every time I showed up there was not a daughter to be seen. He had eight of them.

Steve.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Then again with the goat,,,If you don't have kids around ,you could have an Ozark feast in the Fall lol,,,,BB-Q

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Are you talking about the old goat with the daughters ,or the lawn mowing part of this thread

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The old goat, the daughter, and an Ozark festival. Sounds suspicious to me. Should be a song, a short story, or something there. Not to mention banjo music.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Think Popa Brubaker wanted to put a few things on me and it wouldn't have been freckles unless it was buck shot freckles. He was just a little annoyed that I was kanoodlin his daughter. Wish I had known because she was a beauty even dressed as they do.

Deacon sounds good. Can you flesh out the story line?

Steve.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Lefty, I Feel You Pain, My Shoulder Hurt All Winter From A Stuborn "dr Bush Hog" Type Mower. Go For A Sheep, Goats Are The Nastiest Things I Ever Had. They Are Cute When Little And Won`t Pi$$ In Their Wisker`s Till They Are 6 Month`s Old. They Get On Top Of Everything And Make A Mess. Yes, I Am Sure You Were Only "kidding" !! Snork Good Luck, Ron

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
The Amish around here do not drive cars. They do use some machinery for farming, but not much.

I did let some of them ride a motorized bike once, and I thought they were going to turn "Yankee".