newbie from colorado

GoldenMotor.com

ruszip1

Oct 25, 2009
colorado
hi all, from colorado. new to motorized bicycles, dont have one yet, but i do have a regular old bike.
i got tons of questions, ill post them in other spots, later. but im looking at building a 3 wheeled motorized bike, 2 wheels up front one in the rear, at least thats the plan., ok edit, looking to build some sort of Recumbent Tadpole or something like that. any ideas where to get parts or ideas, emal me, or pm me, thanks.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Welcome to the forum ruszip1, glad you joined us.

I have seen a few recumbent motorized tadpoles around town but never paid too much attention on how they have done it. I think we have at least one member that has done it. If I can remember who it was and find them I will post a link.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome, ruszip,
Yes, there are other Colorado bikers here. You've already heard from one. I'm another. I toyed with the idea of doing a tadpole a year or so ago. Had a line on a brand new, still in the box trike but the guy wanted too much for it. $1700.00 was a little steep for a semi-retired guy like me so I abandoned the idea and stuck with 2 wheelers. I used to have a link to a good looking tadpole build but lost it. I have a little three wheeler that I keep looking at and wondering what kind of project I could build with it but having too much fun with the three 2 wheelers I have now...Maybe someday. Glad you joined us. Keep us informed on what you decide to build and we're here with answers to all your questions.
Tom