Killer Spark plug & Oil

GoldenMotor.com

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
I found the best spark plug what a difference in every way it's made by Denso IRIDIUM POWER IWF20
with opti-2 oil, I can start my bikes by just walking and pop out the clutch and they fires right up and run so smooth. If you go to Denso's web site the plugs are 11.99 or on amazon you can find them for 8.49. the first plug I put in my idle went way up from where it was set, I'm sure it was because the plug was so much better.
Iridium is a precious metal that is 6 times harder and 8 times stronger than platinum, it has a 1,200 degrees (F) higher melting point than platinum and conducts electricity better. This makes it possible to create the finest wire center electrode ever. Prior till now, the technology did not exist to machine and bond iridium on a spark plug electrode (at least in a cost effective manner). However, Denso's superior technology allows them to laser weld an 0.4mm iridium center electrode on the Iridium Power and Iridium Racing spark plugs. The strength, hardness and high melting point of iridium makes it very well suited for a fine wire plug.xct2brnot

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I found the best spark plug what a difference in every way it's made by Denso IRIDIUM POWER IWF20
with opti-2 oil, I can start my bikes by just walking and pop out the clutch and they fires right up and run so smooth. If you go to Denso's web site the plugs are 11.99 or on amazon you can find them for 8.49. the first plug I put in my idle went way up from where it was set, I'm sure it was because the plug was so much better.
Iridium is a precious metal that is 6 times harder and 8 times stronger than platinum, it has a 1,200 degrees (F) higher melting point than platinum and conducts electricity better. This makes it possible to create the finest wire center electrode ever. Prior till now, the technology did not exist to machine and bond iridium on a spark plug electrode (at least in a cost effective manner). However, Denso's superior technology allows them to laser weld an 0.4mm iridium center electrode on the Iridium Power and Iridium Racing spark plugs. The strength, hardness and high melting point of iridium makes it very well suited for a fine wire plug.xct2brnot
The plug is on sale at JC Whitney for $7.99 regular $9.99...does this fit a grubee 48cc?
Iridium Power Spark Plugs - JCWhitney

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
I'm not sure, if your willing to try it, buy one and check the length with the one you have now, if it's not longer it should work. you will be amazed of the difference..wee.

timber

Dec 25, 2009
virginia
i got one for my 700cc build what a great bike...of course i had some problems but over 500 miles now and running stong

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Good info on the plug.
Want to say that today I installed a new NGK B6HS in place of the stock plug (motor was just broke in as of putting up for winter) since it was 42degrees in W.Mich today I put fuel in and to my amazement the motor started infinately easier. I used to have to pedal a half a block to start it. Now it was nearly instant! And it wasn't hot outside.
Note to every new builder, swap out the stock plug with a higher grade right off the bat.
Want to try this new one now. Thanks for the tip, think I'll order one.

Michigan's thawin'

Robert
Alajoyn, Portage Michigan.

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
Also....Where can I buy Opti 2 oil? Home depot? Any online sites? And is it true you don't have to measure the ratio or anything and it just mixes regardless?

Last edited:

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
Also....Where can I buy Opti 2 oil? Home depot? Any online sites? And is it true you don't have to measure the ratio or anything and it just mixes regardless?
I GET OPTI 2 FROM A PLACE THAT SELLS LAWN AND GARDEN EQUIPMENT, I'M SURE YOU CAN FIND IT ON LINE. IT COMES IN 1 AND 2 GALLON PACKS SO IT'S EASY TO USE.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
no, that's definitely not true.

opti2 does have packets that are sized to mix with one gallon, but if you buy a bottle, you have to mix it. the bottles are clearly marked, so it's easy.

Outrunner

Dec 27, 2008
Atlanta, Georgia
You can buy or order Opti-2 from Ace hardware natiowide.
I buy the pre-measured squeeze packets that are like ketchup
packets from a drive thru Mickey D's. They are ready to pour
into 1 gallon of gas at 73:1 US gallon or 100:1 Canadian.

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
You can buy or order Opti-2 from Ace hardware natiowide.
I buy the pre-measured squeeze packets that are like ketchup
packets from a drive thru Mickey D's. They are ready to pour
into 1 gallon of gas at 73:1 US gallon or 100:1 Canadian.
Know I mean are these ratios fine for our bikes also? I understand they say its the same for all 2 strokes but it's ok to mix their standardized ratio into our bikes?