occ 13 in. stretch

GoldenMotor.com

Andrae

Aug 24, 2011
nice, how did you stretch it. Love the tank, looks like it was made for the bike
had to make a welding stand to keep everything in place,then found some old bikes with the same tube sizes.cut, and sleved them for strenghth, then welded it all together.It can be done! The tank is off an old amf moped.I have pics of the frame build, but i have to change the resolution for the download.will update soon.Thanks for inquire.

Andrae

Aug 24, 2011
nice, how did you stretch it. Love the tank, looks like it was made for the bike
had to make a welding stand to keep everything in place,then found some old bikes with the same tube sizes.cut, and sleved them for strenghth, then welded it all together.It can be done! The tank is off an old amf moped.I have pics of the frame build, but i have to change the resolution for the download.will update soon.Thanks for inquire.

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
I have four of five of those bikes and was toying with having one stretched so I could ride it. One is pretty much junk and could be sacrificed

I was wondering if you added would it change to attachment points at the seat tube and steering tube.
I was thinking of plugging for strength and squishing the correct sized tube to fit the odd shape of the bottom tube

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Thanks Terry.
Shes 62" from the axles.have the weels off right now.Is that how i measure a stretch?
I don't know if there is a correct way to measure the length. I show mine as being 7'10", but that is from the back of the back wheel to the front of the front wheel. So it is an overall length.

Terry

joabthebugman

Jun 21, 2010
ocoee fla
I don't know if there is a correct way to measure the length. I show mine as being 7'10", but that is from the back of the back wheel to the front of the front wheel. So it is an overall length.

Terry
wheel base is the usual measurement of a vehicle and it is from axle to axle

Andrae

Aug 24, 2011
I have four of five of those bikes and was toying with having one stretched so I could ride it. One is pretty much junk and could be sacrificed

I was wondering if you added would it change to attachment points at the seat tube and steering tube.
I was thinking of plugging for strength and squishing the correct sized tube to fit the odd shape of the bottom tube
I cut mine at the steering tube then sleved it there,top bar ,then added a match piece and sleved it again to finish the top.I cut the lower bar at the crank right before the up tube then found an identical matching tube to sleve.this setup seemed to alow parallel ground clearance.I tried to squish a couple tubes but they didnt come out right.

Ditchrider

Jun 25, 2011
California
I have some 1 and 1/2 tubing that I cut from thr neighbors trampoline. I'm thinking the bike would be a lot lighter if I replaced the top tube, down tube and the bottom tube. Most of the weight is on the rear wheel, Another modification will be to the seat, one has already broken off. My wheel base is 52 inches, I am thinking about streaching it to55 inches. When I made the jig, I didn't plan on making it any longer. I think Schwinn made a larger one that was about 58 inches but I'm too lazy to look it up. The chances of finding one aren't very good. Any how your bike looks good, building is as much fun as riding. good luck

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
We pulled into a lawn mower place. I saw in the back of the shop a box that was filthy. I saw Schwinn on it. Owner said his boy took that in trade for work years ago. Give me $50.00 and it's yours. Had the power of 10 bikers hauling it to the pick up! rotfl Schwinn OCC just as it was when it left the factory. Makes me want to use latex gloves when I put it together and install a Motor kit on it! May not even ride it. (c)