gas/oil mixture

GoldenMotor.com

calava

Aug 11, 2011
new york
new at this....just bought a bike kit....i really need help on this ratio mixture....dont know what it means please tell me what is 32:1 can someone simplify this for me....on gallon or ounce...how much do i need of oil on a 1 gallon of gas....PLEASE HELP....THANX IN ADVANCE
:-||

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
Or if you have a tractor supply store in your area, buy some "Arnold 1" oil in the packets. 1.8oz. Mix one packet with one gallon of fuel and use that to break in your engine and run for the rest of its life. Arnold 1 = Opti 2 oil. Excellent stuff!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I think you should write about the statistics of the kit and also the cylinder capacity. Then I will tell you about the exact ratio.
Good point. Everyone naturally assumed the OP is using a 2 stroke engine based on his question. He'd be in for some trouble if he has a 4 stroke.
Tom

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
OHMYGOSH!

EIGHTY FOUR PAGES !

That might have to wait until I can get in a couple cases of beer and half dozen bags of cheetos!

Maybe I can float a loan at the bank???

OK, Dan.
I'll not say another word abt oil mixing until I read that thread. :)
Whew!

Best
rc

Dymaxion

Jan 1, 2010
Michigan
I broke in my gt-5 on opti-2. It still feels really weird to me to add so little oil, but no issues at all so far (about 100 miles). In fact it runs very well and starts much better than prior motor on regular 24 or 32:1 mix. By the way, that is at 72:1 (one 1.8oz pack to a gal).

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Bobjr59, if you are using conventional 2 stroke pre mix oil then use 24:1 for break in. Use 32:1 thereafter.
Never EVER use pre mix oil that is labeled for use in outboard marine engines.
That kind of oil is formulated for water cooled boat engines.
They have different thermal requirements than out little air cooled engines do.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Bob, I know this will drive ya nutz but there are many, many thoughts on this. Opti 100:1 and dyno (non-synthetic oil) and a few others.

Your engine is not gonna implode if ya follow any of what is suggested. It won't. Also, it is a POS cast engine made by a guy who went to work bare foot 'cause it was his wife's turn to wear the shoes that day.

Not advice and just what I do; 6 oz of cheap as I can find 2stroke premix oil to one gallon of gas. Just, and I mean the absolute minute I hear and feel the engine calm down, move faster and sound better, I continue to use that gas as I are a cheap SOB. Then, and only then do I continue to use the same crapola 2 stroke oil mix but at 4 oz's to one gallon of gas.

Again, not in any way advise. Just what I do for my cast in dirt, 2 smoke bike engine, by a bare-foot guy who is afraid of his wife to the point she wears the shoes in the family.

6 oz of oil to a gallon of gas until your engine sounds and feels better. (you will know!) after that, 4 oz. of oil to a gallon.

I have yet to try Opti or the like so can't comment.

I gotta go. My wife needs the shoes,

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Big time, GearNut makes a great point! Marine any thing is bad. They are water cooled and our's are air cooled.

LOL, sorry GN. think we were typing at the same time.