Will it fit?

GoldenMotor.com

Spaz_Static

Jul 24, 2011
North Carolina, USA
So, I got my china girl in the mail on monday, and now the hunt for a suitable bike has me a bit flustered as pretty much every bike I've seen has something going on that I can't work with, whether it is rear suspension, unusually wide (large diameter) down tubes, or excessively tall ovoid down bars. Now, I think I may have found a bike that will work, and I'm wanting to know if anyone has any experience with them. It's a Mongoose Switchback. Men's Bike

I've also got a question pertaining to the front mounts for non-standard frames, mostly for if I end up needing one. What exactly would I need? I assume the mount is a piece of metal, a bolt through it and the frame, and some nuts to tighten everything up. Pretty much all of it could be attained from a hardware store as far as I know, and I already have a piece of brass that could be used as the flat metal bit (I love how technical my terminology is, hah!).

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep, that bike will work just fine, thats a nice price as well.

I say if that is the style of bike you want then go for it, it will make a good one I'm sure.

all you will need to know about all you will need to do you can find on the forum......a whole bunch of great people here that will be more than happy to help you out as much as they can and just remember to use the google custom search tool at the top of the page, you can get loads of your questions answered through a topic search.....

Peace

Spaz_Static

Jul 24, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Thanks. You've saved me a bit of headache, haha.I don't even remember where I have searched for what at this point. I know I've searched the forums for several things today, and google for about a million and a half things today. I just kind of got fed up with the hunt for information for the day and was going to check out that bike tomorrow regardless (30 for a bike, assuming good condition is a pretty good deal)

I also apologize for posting in the wrong section. I'm still new to the forums and don't quite know my way around yet. Thanks to whomever moved this thread.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Good luck with the build and be sure to stay sticky with us here on this forum..... kep us informer as you go and feel free to ask a bunch of questions, many here will be mighty glad to help you get it done in the least painful way by giving you solid advice to help you avoid many common mistakes that many of us made on our first build, lots of info. here most very good......some is .......uhhhh shrug....well you know....! but for the most part very good and will help you out a lot if you will follow directions given and just take your time and do things right the first time.

Best of luck...... let us know if you get the bike.

Peace, map

Thanks. You've saved me a bit of headache, haha.I don't even remember where I have searched for what at this point. I know I've searched the forums for several things today, and google for about a million and a half things today. I just kind of got fed up with the hunt for information for the day and was going to check out that bike tomorrow regardless (30 for a bike, assuming good condition is a pretty good deal)

I also apologize for posting in the wrong section. I'm still new to the forums and don't quite know my way around yet. Thanks to whomever moved this thread.