anyone know where to buy just frames?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Why would you replace everything on the frame? Are there absolutely no decent parts on it? What kind of motor are you planning on using that you think the stock parts may not hold up?

Gasp

Jun 28, 2013
Arizona
Why would you replace everything on the frame? Are there absolutely no decent parts on it? What kind of motor are you planning on using that you think the stock parts may not hold up?
they're great parts, but I bought better ones for the frame I have (that I got by itself) which is a cheapy and doesn't look great so I want a better frame to transfer everything to.

I just dont want to buy a whole bike just for the frame, and im using a china girl motor with performance parts, nothing extreme. I just want it to be beautiful

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Nothing wrong with that. Perhaps call Felt customer service and see if you can purchase a bare frame. I know what its like to build a bike piece by piece. I started with a reproduction schwinn cantilever frame, bare. Not even bearing cups in the head tube or bottom bracket. Got it for $25 from a buddy, so not a bad deal at all. It was kinda nice actually, because I got the chance to fully customize the entire bike and choose each part individually. Some parts I already had from my previous build, but the engine (98cc 4 stroke minibike engine) and the suzuki K10 motorcycle forks were new to me. I think you can enjoy a bike even more when you've built the whole thing piece by piece.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Look for a Felt canvas kit it's the frame, forks and some fenders I think. I prefer to start with a bare frame it let's me put exactly what I want where I want it. Post in the swap n shop what you are looking for and try the other bicycle forums as well just google bicycle forum.

Gasp

Jun 28, 2013
Arizona
Chainmaker and butterbean those are my thoughts exactly. People give me crap because it's more expensive piece by piece but in the end im gonna have a motorbike and theyre gonna have a bike with a motor

and ill do both those things now, im also gonna check local Craigslist and thrift shops, there's bound to be a diamond in the rough

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Customizing anything is bound to be more expensive than leaving it stock, otherwise everyone would do it. If you do it right, you can still come out ahead. I built my bike, piece by piece for about $800. That's including all parts. The forks, wheels, gearbox, everything. As my bike sits, its worth about $1500. Now I won't lie, some members here did help me out with parts and I found others at discounted prices, so the actual value of parts is closer to 1200, but the bike is still worth more than the value of the parts individually. And its not a point of what the bike is worth if you sell it, cause I'm never selling my baby, but even without selling if you do a project and the end result is worth less than the individual parts, you still lost money whether you sell it or not. I look at my bike as I invested money, and the end result was justified. So its all about how you feel about what you spent when the project is done.