Whizzer auto clutch

GoldenMotor.com

OG-Whizzerdude

Nov 28, 2011
Blythe, CA
My Whizzer auto clutch is not working. The engine turns the clutch pully around and around. The rear wheel stays put. No power to the rear wheel.
I took it apart and used some emery cloth to remove some very slight glazing from the shoes and drum. The springs look good and functional.
I bought the auto clutch from Whizzer USA ages ago and I don't know which model it is. It worked fine and suddenly it didn't work at all?:-||:-||:-||

Hi Jim,

Check to make sure the bearing grease didn't end up inside the hub. Also make sure the shoes move freely on the pins. Make sure the shoe mounting pins are tight.

Also take a good look at the bearing surface the large needle bearing rides on. If damaged or grooved, it must be replaced [the bearing sleeve].

Have fun,

OG-Whizzerdude

Nov 28, 2011
Blythe, CA
Hi Quenton,
I will do just that. I'm even going to clean my glasses before I do.
It's cold and raining today and there is no heat out there. I really need to get it together.

Thanks for another hot tip,! Jim

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ
My Whizzer auto clutch is not working. The engine turns the clutch pully around and around. The rear wheel stays put. No power to the rear wheel.
I took it apart and used some emery cloth to remove some very slight glazing from the shoes and drum. The springs look good and functional.
I bought the auto clutch from Whizzer USA ages ago and I don't know which model it is. It worked fine and suddenly it didn't work at all?:-||:-||:-||
Whizzer dude. they all go bad eventually.In your case it isnt engaging because the greese seals are out yet Its a matter of time that the One way bearing will not engage.. So You might want to send it to Quenton Guenther for new bearings an seals an he machines out an sleaves the one way bearing with hardened steel.
I have him do all my auto clutches for my New American made Bicycles.
Geesh Excuss me.. as I opened this post, It didnt seem like ya had any other respones..
So Ya have the Best Knowledge already..
Oh well Just Call me Cousin Goober.. :)

Attachments

Last edited: