Can't get bike to idle

GoldenMotor.com

michaelgrav

Sep 14, 2009
sf bay area
I installed the billet intake from pirate cycle with my CNS Carb. It is very fast but I can't get it to idle. I adjusted it over and over no luck. Any Ideas? Air Fuel all the way in then 3/4 turn out. If I set the idle high once running and I stop at a light the engine will rev very very high, I adjust the idle lower and it stalls can't seem to get a happy medium.
:-||.

Last edited:

stuartracing

Dec 9, 2008
Gainesville FL.
While it`s running spray some carb. cleaner or something smilar all around the intake,carb. ect.ect.ect....See which place changes the idle/running of the motor.....Thats where ya need to pay some attention to....
Let us know what ya find....I`m waiting for MY intake from them....Hope it works better, if I get it....

crobo

Mar 24, 2010
boston ma
def sounds like an air leak problem. check the intake gasket to make sure that it wasn't screwed up when you replaced the manifold. make sure the carb is pushed all the way on.

Play with the choke, if when the choke is on you get better results it means youre leaning out. make sure the inline filter isnt clogged, make sure the float isnt popped. the list is really long.

Basically it sounds like youre getting either too much air or not enough fuel.