Prewar Hawthorne BTR

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Welcome to the forum. Your bike will be a good foundation for a motored bike. Plenty of room for a motor and it is begging for an in-frame gas tank. Send pictures as you go.
SB

cubanburban18

Jan 25, 2014
Miami, Fl
Hey silverbear, I'm thinking of using of your style juice can tanks and making a faux tank for tool storage between the the bars. is it possible for you to send me a "how to" on it? i love that idea, but i can't picture it

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey silverbear, I'm thinking of using of your style juice can tanks and making a faux tank for tool storage between the the bars. is it possible for you to send me a "how to" on it? i love that idea, but i can't picture it
I've been thinking about this and don't think it would work well in this application, partly because of the shape of the opening, trying to find a can that would fit in the part that doesn't turn down (bottom tube is not straight across like in a Worksman or Panther frame) and then making the lid hinge so that it has access to the inside. I suppose it is possible, but it would be a hard project, I think. Something that fits the shape of the opening and has flat sides, top & bottom would be best. And it would not have to be as well made as a gas tank since it would not need to be leak proof at the seams. I think you'd be a lot better off going that route.
SB

cubanburban18

Jan 25, 2014
Miami, Fl
I've been thinking about this and don't think it would work well in this application, partly because of the shape of the opening, trying to find a can that would fit in the part that doesn't turn down (bottom tube is not straight across like in a Worksman or Panther frame) and then making the lid hinge so that it has access to the inside. I suppose it is possible, but it would be a hard project, I think. Something that fits the shape of the opening and has flat sides, top & bottom would be best. And it would not have to be as well made as a gas tank since it would not need to be leak proof at the seams. I think you'd be a lot better off going that route.
SB
I actually wanted to put the can behind or under the seat. And make the storage box betweentthe bars.