SickBikeParts Expansion Chamber Kit

GoldenMotor.com

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Well, since they sold out all that the had you can tell that it is a popular item. Just starting with the coolness factor it is nice.

As for flexibility to fit the motor I give it 2 thumbs up. The way it connects makes it fit however you have your motor mounted. I made a little mod that let me install it running on the right side of the bike (cost me $1 at the hardware store to do it). If you can weld you can make the configuration you have come up with permanently and get rid of the silicone tubes.

I think I may have added 5 mph to the overall performance of the bike, but I tend to mess with the bike alot so lost it to additional weight I added with steel saddlebags. I have not done much else in the way of tuning the pipe, so I may be able to get more out of it.

Soundwise it is noteably louder, with a distinctive sound, than the stock pipe. I wish I had the muffler that they now sell to go on it and I may get one when I buy the next one. Yes, I do plan on getting another, probably when I order my next shift kit.

I am trying to think of a real negative to the pipe and can't come up with anything, other than it cost money.

As a company, SBP is good to work with and stands behind their products. I bought my shift kit from them before they updated their website, and was happy to see them chainge over to their new site configuration. It could be better, but I think they put their efforts into making good products, which is more important anyway.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I think there pipe worked great. The fittings and the tubes make it where you can tune it to your desired header length. The way the kit comes you can play with it not being welded yet. My buddy put his on last night ran it on the top instead of under the cranks. I though he messed things up going with about 8 inches of header. That was the craziest fastest China I have ever seen! 36 tooth sprocket on it no one knows how fast it is 45 mph so I hear . He just shuts it down. I can't even touch him with the J shaft on mine. He is a 100 pounds lighter than me. The pipe has been fun I will play with my header length tonight gonna run the pipe on top too! I think it oils the exhaust port better this way. Overall getting to play with the header length on these makes them very cool and they come with enough fittings clamps etc to get started. There is just no way a stoke pipe can compare to these!!

LaLongueCarabine

Aug 15, 2011
United States
My brother has one and he pushes 40 mph all the time.
I borrowed it and it got my bike with a 36T sprocket, stock carb, stock jet to 34-35 mph!

The real cool thing was it was fast off the line, and 3 mph faster up hill. The hill out of our house I can only hit 27 with my exhaust but with the SPB kit I go 31 mph!

I've bought two other expansion chambers and they work but nothing that helps low and top end like this pipe. Plus with the muffler it's quiet enough and not rude to the neighbors.