my new streched cruiser

GoldenMotor.com

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Nice looking bike. I really like the look of the stretch cruisers. That's the same bike that is in the banner up top. Be sure and check the welds on a regular basis. I've had two Micargi stretches and both have cracked on me.

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
no didnt bend or remove any spokes. just carefully and slowly used extra long needle nose pliers to carefully place the nuts on the bolts and get them started with the tip of the pliers. then i was able to get a 10mm socket thru the spokes to hold while tightning from the outside (it took about 3 hours)
I wont use that type of wheel again, the people at the bike shop wouldnt trade the wheels out for regular ones.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very, very pretty. I hope it rides as well as it looks; but hey, if it doesn't you could always just park it in your living room. Welcome and again, great work. Congratulations!
Tom

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
the cables were just long enough. in the event of needing longer cables though you can use
tandem bike brake cables. thanks again for everyones remarks and input. planing my next project now.

mpjones66

May 7, 2009
San Diego, CA
What are you going to do for brakes? I have the same bike and the brakes are barely enough to stop me without the motor.

Do you have any clearance issues with the motor mounted to the seat post?

Looks absolutely awesome man, great job!

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
I didnt have any clearance problems with the motor but do have a vibration problem. i think its a combination of two issues, mounting to the seat tube and for some reason i cant the rear sprocket to stay centered on the hub. so im thinking about changing the way the motor mounts and changing the rear wheel.

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
sweet ride, man. Would you mind taking some close up pictures of your motor mounts? just starting my build and the 80cc RAW motor mount is too small, and what did you do for the front mount?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Those are 68 spoke Micargi wheels. they have a large hub flange. It's not hard to adapt a stock sprocket with a spacer washer and drilled holes, to bolt directy to the hub flange on these. I've done several this way. Or, buy a custom bolt on sprocket from Pirate.