Illinois Riders

GoldenMotor.com

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
google map from Fairview Park in Decatur, IL to Lincoln Trails in Macon County then to friendly's bar and package on S. Taylorville Rd. and choose the get there by WALKING choice so that puts you on the country roads.

SUNNYLAND SLIM

Aug 31, 2009
sunnyland
well, I know its not gonna happen but I am gonna try and get something together for this,it just so happens I have an old chainsaw in the garage that I am gonna start working on

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
Decatur, IL rally in 4 weeks hope all goes well. sounds like 40-50 riders now! come join us for a eventful day! Sept 27th 1:00 pm. seen a couple of MBer's today and was about to give them info on the rally and they already knew about it by word of mouth. so like a bad disease it is spreading quickly! can you imagine the freight train of bikes that will be passing by a intersection! its gonna be awesome! hope all riders can make the date!

SUNNYLAND SLIM

Aug 31, 2009
sunnyland
well, I know its not gonna happen but I am gonna try and get something together for this,it just so happens I have an old chainsaw in the garage that I am gonna start working on
well that idea went out the door,thought about it and just cant tear into it.not lookin like Ill make it this time my high school reunion is that weekend :(

REG1951

Jun 26, 2009
centralia,illinois
I will be there if nothing happens between now and then ,I will talk to my buddy and see if I can get him to load his bike up in the old truck and come with me..I think it will be so dang intersting to see everyones bikes,and how they built them..lookng forward to being there ...is there anyone else driving in from outside of Decator?

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
havnt heard lately from the prussian shop dogs from waukeagan, he is going to try and make it! also a couple from Springfield, and a couple from centralia! have your machines ready and pack some extra tools and tubes and air pump and stuff just in case!

2 lazy 2 pedal

Sep 2, 2009
st. louis
thanks for the invite. I'll be coming from st. Louis, I'm looking forward to seeing and learning what others know and ride. if the plans change, please let me kno.. also, helmet law in Il? it's not inforced on MO, so I haven't rushed to get one. no prob tho..

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
thank you 2 laz 2 pdl let me know if you need direction to Fairview Park in Decatur,IL or just google map it for directions. were trying to make sure everyone knows it will start around 1:00 pm and we'll wait for others to straggle in til 2:00pm then at which point we will be hit the road for the 20+ mile rally. I appreciate all who are planning on attending. its gonna be one heck of a ride. tune up your machines, grab extra parts just in case and be prepared for a good ride. "FileStyle"

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Glad to see this is going to happen..Me and a friend plan to ride the bikes there to Decatur here from Springfield,if i can get the other motor going it needs a 66cc engine cylinder so if anyone could support me in finding one or if you have one please do help out I'd be able to pay a little for it.

REG1951

Jun 26, 2009
centralia,illinois
no helmet law in Illinois...I have a multi sport helmet that I wear..just because I want to..if you want maybe we can hook up here in Centralia,Illinois,and drive together?

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
Centralia is about 115 miles here from Springfield an there is not one person that has a MB here besides me,I guess everyone with MB'S are in the Decatur area as it seems lol.There are quite a few people in the Quincy Illinois area that rides these as well.If i can contact them,I'll let them know the info.

Right now my bike is my only transportation..If there is anyone that would be interested in doing a very long ride 1-2 days ride camp out or something else I'd love to go before winter comes or even during the winter!

I'm having a terrible time finding a engine cylinder for a friend of mine to get his bike going,so not sure weather or not that I'll be able to be at the rally the 27th Eh well if anyone has a spare engine that you don't use an would let it go for cheap please do PM on here.

REG1951

Jun 26, 2009
centralia,illinois
my buddy from Kinmundy,and I are thinking of riding the Tunnel Hill Bike trail in southern Illinois...runs from Herrin,Illinois down near Cairo maintained by the state now, it was once a railroad 45 miles long .I talked to a guy here in Centralia that rode his pedal bike the whole trail,he said it was really nice....it runs through the Shawnee National Forest,and although the landscape is full of bluffs and hills the trail is mainly level as it was when the track was used ..supposed to be a really scenic ride ..we're talken about goin when the leaves begin to change it'll be really pretty then ,and cooler(no dang Mosquito's)...on line I have saw the cylinder heads for around 12 dollars plus shipping...if your interested in Tunnel Hill let us know..

REG1951

Jun 26, 2009
centralia,illinois
AaronF...forgot to tell you ..there are only three who ride Mbikes here,and they live in Alma,an Kinmundy..friends of mine who bought a couple of my builds...here in Centralia,am the loner too.. dont hardly drive my car or truck any more..mainly a daily rider..sure do love these machines..!

AaronF

Aug 24, 2009
Illinois
I will defiantly be interested in going on long cruises,the only problem I'd have is once i get to where I'm going,the tank would need a refill an being a 2 stroke i couldn't exactly pull into the gas station even if there was one around out there!

Thanks for the info about the cylinders,though i was told that i would need the exact engine cylinder because of the bore size..The only problem with the cylinder is on the left side of the exhaust mount a small piece broke off,if i had the right tools it would be a easy fix.Makes me wonder if i could just turn the cylinder around using the carb intake side for the exhaust sense the muffler is putting more force out than the carburetor an then mount the carburetor on the broke side with one bolt an using gasket sealer to prevent air leakage..Then again if i do that,i still need a carburetor slide/needle with the E clip

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
tomorrow is the big day for the rally! 20-30 riders expected, so hope all goes well! hopefully will have pics and or video to share with you all.