what oil do i use?

GoldenMotor.com
I am picking up my motorized bike from my father tommorow, he put the engine on the ccm nitro xt he got dirt cheap, my motor is not brand new, but was well taken care of by a guy who knew what he was doing, i believe he filed out the air intake and bored the engine( this is what he told me) all i can say is this engine is not normal but in a good way, this thing FLYS first time i ever rode it on the bike i got it on man, i had to at least hit 65+km! now im wondering about oil and gas, can i use a high performance synthetic 2 stroke oil? and what about gas do i use premium or just regular? as for any other parts i want to buy an expansion chamber exhaust, will i have to the tune the engine/carb to use the pipe? thanks, bike demon.brnot

ivan H

Oct 8, 2011
australia
Hi, for oil, yes, u can use synthetic, no problem, as long as its formulated 4 air cooled motors. Dont use 1 4 outboard boat motors or water/coolant cooled motors. Gas, depends on ur compression. If its got a stock head u'll maybe get away with lower octane. If it detonates u'll hear it (rattly metalic sound) & need premium. Ratio is up 2 u. I use 25:1 of 20% castor/mineral blend. Cheers

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
im with ivan, i use 4 ounces synthetic oil and 1 ouncee castor oil mixed in and i got over 4000 miles on my chinadoll. using a non-ethanol gas helps out too. ethanol sucks moisture from the air and goes bad fast.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
If the previous owner did in fact "bore out the cylinder" no oil is going to help. These engine can not be bored. The cylinder has a very thin chrome plating over aluminum. Boring would remove the lining and you'll be left with piston rings scraping soft aluminum.

I'm hoping he was just giving you a sales pitch and didn't bore the cylinder. He would have had to install a larger diameter piston and rings, which doesn't really make sense.
Cleaning up the ports is a good idea however.

Good luck.

Tom

crmachineman

May 24, 2012
New Hampshire
I use a product from Klotz. It is a synthetic base oil with 20% castor bean oil. It leaves more deposits than other oils, but has the best lubricity.
-Fred

BikeBerryKelci

Oct 25, 2012
brea
I am picking up my motorized bike from my father tommorow, he put the engine on the ccm nitro xt he got dirt cheap, my motor is not brand new, but was well taken care of by a guy who knew what he was doing, i believe he filed out the air intake and bored the engine( this is what he told me) all i can say is this engine is not normal but in a good way, this thing FLYS first time i ever rode it on the bike i got it on man, i had to at least hit 65+km! now im wondering about oil and gas, can i use a high performance synthetic 2 stroke oil? and what about gas do i use premium or just regular? as for any other parts i want to buy an expansion chamber exhaust, will i have to the tune the engine/carb to use the pipe? thanks, bike demon.brnot

Well a good brand for oil to go with is maxima or Lucas products work well too. Synthetic blends for oils tend to work best. I also recommend using like the medium grade gas, the lowest has too much junk in it and the highest grade will burn a little too hot. These 2-strokes tend to run hot already. Just for save measures your most likely going to want to tune your carb anytime you change out your fuel mixture. I hope this proves helpful to you!.trk

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I use a product from Klotz. It is a synthetic base oil with 20% castor bean oil. It leaves more deposits than other oils, but has the best lubricity.
-Fred
Opti2 actually has the best lubricity, being the only oil that exceeds all industry standards as a universal 100:1 premix oil. I myself use conventional oil at 32:1, and have had no problems with it in a year and a half.