occ chopper build help!

GoldenMotor.com

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
i have seen a couple kits for the chopper build but i dont want to spend the extra cash. also dont want to weld bars to frame.any ideas on mounting the motor would be great.and has any one found a motorcycle tank that would work instead of the ones that come in the kit.thanks :-||

CroMagnum

Sep 2, 2011
Los Angeles
Sorry, but you either need to spend the $33 on an engine mount or start welding.

My suggestion is to save your pennies and buy both the mount and exhaust because that $94 will turn a horrible fabrication and welding hack job into simple, neat, bolt-on. Worth every penny. You'll thank me later.

Bob Mac 18704

Jan 24, 2010
penna.
forget about that exhaust pipe and go for the sick bike parts expansion chamber. I had that pipe on my occ build and it ran but if you really want it to run, the expansion chamber is the way to go. The difference is night and day. The occ is a tougher build than your regular bike frame. You'll need to build a lot of your own parts or modify just about every part that goes on it. But of course, that's what were looking for arent wepino.pino.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
If you can find some one that can do basic welding you can get away with about $15 to build a mount & modify the basic exhaust. Look up my post.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
thanxs for all the ideas but...im gonna hold off and build my schwinndian// lmao //any way thanks for the input... iwill build the occ,, one day/

BigE

Nov 5, 2011
Hohenwald, TN. USA
Buy the mount AND exhaust. Like CroMagnum said,

"My suggestion is to save your pennies and buy both the mount and exhaust because that $94 will turn a horrible fabrication and welding hack job into simple, neat, bolt-on. Worth every penny. You'll thank me later."

Every thing else is bend, cut and grind.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
bought the mount and exhaust and a sprocket adapter waiting on the starfire motor and the weather to warm up.cant keep building bikes in my rock room.want a better fuel tank dont really like the look of the small peanut tank for the occ.any suggestions?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I watched eBay for a couple of months for the right tank. Be prepared for $50+. I ended up paying $75 for a new motorcycle tank. It's quite a bit bigger than the Chinee tank but I've seen old minibike tanks that are bigger that look real good.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
hey rob i got a 110cc 4 stroke elec start 4 spd with rev for my occ build
On your Schwinn OCC Stingray Chopper, you can use the horizontal honda crf 50 or the Chinese clone version of this same engine.

It requires removing the seat post down tube.

C.H.

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Vince if you are referring to the skid plate mounting of the Horizontal Honda CRF 50 style Pitbike / Dirtbike engine, then the answer is yes it'll work if you can get the skid plate welded to the frame, and there are four bolt holes on the bottom of the engine that you can bolt the engine to the skid plate.

So if that was your question, I'd say yes it's do-able.

Peace C.H.

Last edited:

mttbrysn

Jul 22, 2011
Ohio
Im interested in making an OCC stingray 1st build and Im wondering if I buy one of barrys mounts then a kit can am I good to go or do I still need to buy things because I have no clue what else I would need.
.kick2

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
Im interested in making an OCC stingray 1st build and Im wondering if I buy one of barrys mounts then a kit can am I good to go or do I still need to buy things because I have no clue what else I would need.
.kick2
as im no expert and still getting things together my self,but as far as ive read on mounting you will need some extra length of chain,exhaust and sproket adapter,then theres brakes,mine has no front and only v brake in rear.hope this helps,read some other post on the subject as others have more experience then i do.good luck with your build and let me know how its going.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
No im talking about the 80cc 2 stroke engine like below pic
the stock factory sprocket adapter will not fit the occ hub also you will need longer chain,the mounts will also not work on the occ, nor will the exhaust. i had bought a motor mount,exhaust,extra chain and rear wheel sprocket adapter for my occ.only prob im having right now is sprocket adapter advertised to fit from pirate cycles dosent.my rear wheel is the 20".they do make a smaller occ and i think even one larger.dont take my word as gold for im new to this bike stuff myself,and need all the help i can get.usflgpeace

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
up and running,occ chasis,starfire GT-2 HO powerplant,nt carb, barry mount and exhaust,pirate cycles sprocket 36t,break in using 16-1 89octane,lil loud but running great
Cool. 16:1 is a little thick on the oil, however. 24:1 is better with the quality oil we have here in the US. Then when broke in, about two tanks or a gallon, 32:1 to 40:1 with a good synthetic. Some here use Opti 100:1 oil with good results. At least I've read of no failures from people using it.