Expansion Chamber

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Pablo,
With the little B&S type add on muffler, is there any appreciable loss in power?
SB
(smiles at SB) Considering the power gain I would guess you could add 4 Briggs and Straton mufflers on and it would be like spilling a little water from a bucket full of improvement water carrying it in from the well ;-}

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Dont buy anything from Daemon Bikes! They get their parts from somewhere overseas in china. I bought mine from there. When I took the parts out of their boxes. All the screws that hold the engine together were stripped. The 3 screws that hold the clutch cover on, they were completely stripped. I ended up using a hex wrench to get them off and it took me and a big guy to help me get those screws out. They were sooooo tight!!!!. I had to hold the bicycle down while my friend used every bit of his strength to unscrew the screws!! We were exhausted by the time we got them out. The inside of the gas tank was covered in particles and shavings, the expansion chamber was the same way. studs that are welded into the gas tank are old and rusted looking. The tip of the sparkplug....it didn't even come with a crown. The whole engine is very brittle. The chain tensioner bolts aren't worth a flip. I put the whole thing together and go on my test run. I don't get 25ft down the road and the chain tensioner dives right into the spokes! I nearly went sailing over the handle bars! I ended up cutting those bolts off cuz they stripped. I'm really suprised my spokes weren't bent. The stock tensioners wheel is cheap plastic. It get eaten up by the chain. Their parts, kits and all are cheap crappy garbage.

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
I would recommend the Expansion chamber from SBP to anyone. If you are going to make ONE hop up on your build, this is the one. This thing is beautiful. It adds so much to the performance of my 66cc engine. I got my kit from Pirate and will do business with them again.

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
so, i buy the expansion chamber, and the mufflerbfor it? cuz i saw the muffler and it said it was for the sbp expansion chamber i wasnt sure if it was just a replacement part. now i understand. ill problably get it since the one i bought with my kit is full of shaving and the welds are worth a flip. im afraid to put it on my bike. :)

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Get the sbp pipe. I was lucky enough to get one included in my big $75 deal where I got a crapload of parts, a broken bike, and a bike that needed some tweaking. At the end of this I'll have that pipe welded up and my engine will fly. I scored a working 68.5cc pk80 and I bet it will be even more of a beast with the sbp pipe! To re-ask the original question, did any of you guys re-jet when adding the sbp pipe? Peace
-LS

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
To re-ask the original question, did any of you guys re-jet when adding the sbp pipe? Peace
-LS
I didn't re-jet the CNS66 carb on the 66cc 2010 Skyhawk, I just set the needle clip to the bottom for richest mix and it's dandy.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Cool, thanks for the response. Yeah, I may get one of those bigger jets from sbp since I have an NT and I really love them. Also, I'm on a budget, so no dellorto. Right now I'm running at the second from top notch and I usually like it that way with the NT's so I may get a bigger jet so I can keep running it how I like it :D Peace
-LS

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Right now I'm running at the second from top notch and I usually like it that way with the NT's so I may get a bigger jet -LS
The close to the top you set your needle, the LEANER the mix, hence more air less fuel. More air runs hotter.
The lower the clip is set, the higher the needle sits out of the jet, hence richer mix, more fuel.

In other words, moving the clip is akin to a bigger jet with the needle in the same position.

Put you pipe on, set your clip to the lowest point, get it up to wide open full speed and with the throttle still wide open hold the kiil button until the motor dies.

Pull you plug and look at it.

If the white insulator inside is a nice tan color you are good.
If it is all white you are still running too lean so a larger jet may be needed.
If it is black or oily you are too rich, move the clip up a notch at check again.

One other note is get an Iridium plug and high flow air cleaner.
You can actually feel the performance difference.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Yeah, I like running my engines on the lean side. I get more power vs. going down a notch or two. Thanks again for the suggestions. Peace
-LS

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Where didi u get those mud covers?
SBP and Pirate's expansion chamber are out of stock. I was goiing to buy it too. Now i have to wait.....

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
I got the mud gards from amazon.com... They are (APEX BRAND) for 26"-27" ...I did the research on them before i baught them, and found that the durabilty for the price was the best. Not to mention, they look good lol. Almost makes your bike look like a motorcycle huh? On amazon.com it should cost you a little under $35.00 (Bones)- (Dizalaz's) \\m//(^_^')\\m// (Ride on brother!)

squirrel

Dec 2, 2010
hills of northern cali
I got the SBP expansion chamber kit but it only came with one of the blue silicon tubes...the big one that mates the bent tube to the chamber.
the other two were black rubber which deteriorated. i could have contacted sbp and got the correct hoses but i wanted a cleaner install. the kit comes with an aluminum manifold, copper tubing, and steel pipes and chamber. They cannot all be welded together. you cant weld copper to aluminum can ya? how bout copper to steel?
i went with high-temp epoxy and heat wrap.
clean install, much sturdier than what came with the kit (at least for my bike).
the performance is awesome! i am still in the break in stage but there's a noticable response in lowmid range power. this is with my oil mixed at 16:1 and im running rich so there's plenty of lube in the engine. i cant wait to see what she does post break in after i adjust the mix and the carb.....
get the SBP KIT!!!!!
squirrel

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
@James912: You have to look them up in they're search engine. Just search apex fenders, and they will pop up. they only have two types from the apex brand, but they are there \\m//(^_^)\\m//

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I wonder why they didn't show up before. I typed apex fenders yesterday, and none were apex brand. I type it in today, and they show up. Do they bolt onto the front fork or the reflector mount?

mixxmilkk1

Apr 30, 2010
Mpls Minnesota
That happens to me alot too James. I think you caught them doing work on the web site lol. (But they do have both styles.) The ones i baught bolts onto the reflector mounts. i think the other style, is for forks that have shocks, and they bolt into the bottom of the forks. \\m//(^_^)\\m//