July 3rd beach ride?????

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Who's up for another 'west side beach ride' on Saturday July 3rd???
Hit me back, I'm totally flexable on the date if our 'core group' can't make it! ;)

We're gonna meet at the Federal Building parking lot at 10:00am & ride @ 10:30.
Federal Building, 11000 Wilshire Boulevard - Google Maps

If anyone wants to meet for breakfast?, We're gonna meet @ Headlines in Westwood @ 9:30.
Park at the Fed Building & ride the bikes a few blocks to eat!!
Headlines Diner & Press Club - Google Maps

Please... no racing your bikes around the Fed Building parking lot!!

(The security guards are cool with us parking there as long as we're quiet!) :)

Last edited:

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I might be able to make that ride. Would be fun to see you guys again and I LOVE riding around the beachs. My bike should be back up and running by then.

Was loading it in my van the day of our San Diego ride and noticed a hairline crack on the front down tube where the front motor mount is welded on. Closer inspection revealed the crack went almost ALL the way around the tube. Was wondering why my motor kept shifting to the right and the shift kit to pedal chain wouldn't stay tight!

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Last edited:

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
I'm in San Gabriel through Saturday visiting our grand daughter and family. I needed to haul some things down here from Los Osos with my trailer so I added my motorbike to the load. I plan on doing the ride. My wife agreed to hang out at the beach and wait for me. Looking forward to it.

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
Since my wife doesn’t want to drive the trailer by herself, I will be leaving the car and trailer at Venice beach and riding out to Headlines first. I’m not familiar with the area. Is there a place that I can park the car and utility trailer all day anywhere near the beach? And a place/café/restaurant where the wife can hang out/read until I get back to the beach later in the morning? I guess I will be doing the aproximate route in reverse to meet you at Headlines.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Since my wife doesn’t want to drive the trailer by herself, I will be leaving the car and trailer at Venice beach and riding out to Headlines first. I’m not familiar with the area. Is there a place that I can park the car and utility trailer all day anywhere near the beach? And a place/café/restaurant where the wife can hang out/read until I get back to the beach later in the morning? I guess I will be doing the aproximate route in reverse to meet you at Headlines.

Park in the lot at the end of Washington Bl.

NYNEOMITE

Oct 14, 2009
Seattle, WA
For the record: I reached 49.9 mph on the bike that Norm built for me today on it's first ride, still breaking in the engine. Here's the stats...

Name: Track 001
Date: Jul 3, 2010 10:49 am
Map:
(valid until Aug 2, 2010) Google Maps
Distance: 12.7 miles
Elapsed Time: 48:50.8
Avg Speed: 15.6 mph
Max Speed: 49.9 mph
Avg Pace: 03' 51" per mile
Min Altitude: 0 ft
Max Altitude: 315 ft
Start Time: 2010-07-03T17:49:17Z
Start Location:
Latitude: 34.055485º N
Longitude: 118.447085º W
End Location:
Latitude: 34.006189º N
Longitude: 118.429026º W

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
I got back home to Los Osos early this evening after leaving Venice Beach this afternoon. No, I did not ride my bike home but I did get to do the ride with the “Venice Beach Gang” today. I helped bring up the rear. Jen and some others usually pulled ahead while Brian with the shift kit pulled out of site on the down hill. Most of us cruised along at 25-30mph with lots of stop lights where the pack bunched up again. It was a fun little ride out to the beach. There was a good mix of cruisers, choppers, and board trackers, each with there own unique touches and design features.

Venice Motor Bikes

Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Today was a real good ride!! I wanna thank everyone for rollin' out!! I posted some pics in the 'pics & vids' section.

Next Venice ride is on July 11th!