Duel brake clutch question

GoldenMotor.com

pedrodog

Apr 21, 2013
san pedro, ca.
Hi all. Im curious as to how this contraption would work to my advantage. I imagine that you would want the clutch to disengage to apply the brakes. So how would this work if you want to roll as a bike with this duel brake lever clutch locked? Just curious.
Thanks in advance
Btw I couldn't see it working so I bought different style combo locking thumb lever clutch, brake pull lever.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Hi all. Im curious as to how this contraption would work to my advantage. I imagine that you would want the clutch to disengage to apply the brakes. So how would this work if you want to roll as a bike with this duel brake lever clutch locked? Just curious.
Thanks in advance
Btw I couldn't see it working so I bought different style combo locking thumb lever clutch, brake pull lever.
huh? how about some pics so we know what you are talking about.
or even a link.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've seen this thing offered before. It will not work!
Yes, there are dual brake levers that control both front and rear brakes from the same lever but there is no way that you can apply the brakes and disengage the clutch from the same control.
Forget that thing. It is a ebay gimmick that serves no purpose on a motorized bicycle.

Tom

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I thought if going at high engine revs and wanted to brake with this kind of dual brake clutch lever, then the engine may rev higher for a moment. I suppose if you already had lowered the throttle back to idle a second or two earlier it may not rev higher.

Just thinking of a no load with engine reving that could possibly harm the engine. A retainer came off a valve once reving real high without load. It could have had the exhaust valve hit the piston, but lucky it didn't.

MT

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I have the duel brake clutch with lock that came with the bike. I purchased this kind http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...ages=211778045,662757492&formats=0,0&format=0 its similar but looks like it would work. I have a coaster brake and want to add a front brake. So from what Tom said they don't work? Did I waste money on this item?
From the picture, there is no information on it, it appears that it is a dual brake lever with an extra lever that could be used for a clutch. In theory it will work but, it looks cumbersome to use. It will have three cables going to it.

I don't see any advantage to a device like this and actually it looks unsafe. Why would you want to control the brakes and clutch with one hand?

Tom

pedrodog

Apr 21, 2013
san pedro, ca.
After thinking about it and reading through the forum I did find one about the very same thing. There were quite a few people that had different set ups with different types of levers very interesting and very creative. I guess I would rather have a set up like a motorcycle than anything. The only thing I would be missing is a 6 speed transmission lol. It's too late to stop that order so if you know of someone looking for a duel brake lever send them my way lol. Thanks for your opinion and help very much appreciated.
Oh I have one more problem. I've been searching for days and can't seem to find pull brakes Center Mount to fit my tire. 24x3.75 if you or anyone know a Web site or online store. Thanks.

Last edited: