Best for STRONG OVERALL CARB MIDS?

GoldenMotor.com

Geebt66cc

Jan 29, 2010
Abingdon,Va.
Hey,Hey,

I'm riding a 2010 66cc,Puch hihi, RT Dellorto Clone 15mm,SBP turned into torque pipe, and Jag CDI. Ok, who can tell me the strongest carb I can put on this engine that would increase overall performance? I've been told Mik 18mm?

See, I'm a big guy, that lives where there aren't many flat areas here in VA. Don't get me wrong, the bike now is holding its own considering what it is, but just wonder if going to a bigger mm carb would help?????????? Uno, mids/torque???????

Appreciate,

Glen

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
An SBP jackshaft would prolly be your best hopup considering rider weight, hills and the fact that you have already done so many engine mods. Shifting gears will really help acceleration and pulling hills.

48ccbiker

Apr 5, 2013
California
for mids it isnt a question of carb size, but of how well the fuel is being atomized and what the ratio is. So a Mikuni VM or Dellorto PHBG that is correctly jetted should work better than the non-adjustable one you have on now.

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
An SBP jackshaft would prolly be your best hopup considering rider weight, hills and the fact that you have already done so many engine mods. Shifting gears will really help acceleration and pulling hills.
Yes it will. I would be in a world of hurt around here without the jackshaft.

KenX

Apr 20, 2013
Lake Fork, Texas
dellorto phbg is a big boost / great carb compared to the sha
I'm looking for a little boost in power. I've got the expansion exhaust ordered. Was wondering about the Dellorto carb along with the PowerPlenumn at Jake's. Was reading somewhere that these carbs might give the novice a little trouble tuning. I do have a guy that works on 2 cycles right down the road if worst comes to worst. You can certainly put a lot of money in these cheap little motors. But, I suppose the parts I'm considering could be used on a new motor if the old one gives out.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
I'm looking for a little boost in power. I've got the expansion exhaust ordered. Was wondering about the Dellorto carb along with the PowerPlenumn at Jake's. Was reading somewhere that these carbs might give the novice a little trouble tuning. I do have a guy that works on 2 cycles right down the road if worst comes to worst. You can certainly put a lot of money in these cheap little motors. But, I suppose the parts I'm considering could be used on a new motor if the old one gives out.
Yes - they are a pain in the ASS to tune but I can tell you that it is well worth it. The boost from around 15mph through 35mph is awesome. if not scary. Once you hit power band just hold on for dear life lol

EDIT: I'd never buy an oem; long live the era of cheap generic goods! (AkA clone carbs) heres one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARB-KTM50-...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3380116c5c

Last edited:

Pedrito0906

Jun 12, 2013
Puerto Rico
I only have the cylinder ported, a little of sanded head, stock muffler w/o the baffle, stock CDI, and a NT speed carb with a 66 Jet, my top speed is 35mph, never 4-stroke, my spark is grey, so... NT is a beast!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The restriction in a china girl motor is the tiny ports, not the size of the stock carb, so I doubt adding a bigger carb will help. It might even make less power unless you port the crap out of it.