my new occ chopper

GoldenMotor.com

pauliedata

Dec 22, 2009
florida
i bought this occ off craigs list ansd put a 66 cc on it with gareths help building a custom mount and the exhaust should come this week thanks for looking paulie
[/IMG]

OCCstingray

May 3, 2009
Chester County, PA
OCC's are always a great build. They are just so unique to begin with, and adding an engine just makes them even more cool. By the way, Russell, I noticed on one of your stingrays has an expansion chamber on it, did you notice any increase in power with it compared to your bike without the expansion chamber. I have been thinking of getting one for my stingray and just wanted input from someone who has one on a stingray. Thanks in advance.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
OCC's are always a great build. They are just so unique to begin with, and adding an engine just makes them even more cool. By the way, Russell, I noticed on one of your stingrays has an expansion chamber on it, did you notice any increase in power with it compared to your bike without the expansion chamber. I have been thinking of getting one for my stingray and just wanted input from someone who has one on a stingray. Thanks in advance.
The differance with the expansion chamber was shocking. The bike ran very satisfactorly, 32T @ 28mph cruising with the original exhaust. After the pipe was added it would go much faster than I am comfortable with. It would also climb better and get up to speed faster. (probably the best improvement to a stock motor). HOWEVER the noise level also greatly increased.
I have since added a DIY 5 speed jackshaft(just to do it, wasn't really needed).

pauliedata

Dec 22, 2009
florida
i was clocked at 47 mph by my radar gun holding friend and it is tough to hang on to thank the county road workers for the smooth road i still have to add my ported jug and jim's head available through pirate plus my carb upgrade that i am hopeing for around 60 plus mph

azguero

May 2, 2011
wis
i have one i have been working on i just got the apes put on as a mock up, still a little work to do on them, and have to stretch the brake line,no brakes at the moment, and will soon be suicide brake for awhile, bikes looking good i like the black mine was the chrome with red, took most red off to paint blue and changed my mind so will be all chrome and bare metal, also the petal are a serious pain for me, not comfortable at all do you feel this changes when the motor is on and pedaling is minimal

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
Looking good! I agree that these makes a good choice to motorize. My chain runs almost to the rear tire before the tensioner. Front forks with brakes when available are a plus. Compliment this with a dual cable brake lever.

Attachments

azguero

May 2, 2011
wis
yes thats about what im going for but i wanna stretch mine out as far as possible and get it really laid out, i like the idea of front brakes, also i was really looking to have the tank fabricated right into the frame, doesnt anyone have any issues with these tanks? oh and the expansion chamber does look great and if it makes a good increase in performance it will most likely be my first motor upgrade

Attachments

Prmskpr2

Jun 8, 2012
Illinois
Russell,
Thanks for the input about the jackshaft thread on your OCC build. Did you customize the expansion chamber yourself or we're able to purchase it that way?
I really like the clean looks of your builds, thanks!
Mark