is my rear wheel strong enough for a morini engine?

GoldenMotor.com

ueyteuor

May 28, 2010
California
is my wheel weak, or am I just paranoid? I have a new, generic 26" aluminum wheel, single wall...

but the whole thing is, i have a manic mechanic hub adapter nicely clamped onto the hub, and the whole thing looks really nice and sturdy... but i am also paranoid from reading about everyone using strong rear wheels...

would i be okay with this wheel, running off a 9.4hp morini engine?

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
is my wheel weak, or am I just paranoid? I have a new, generic 26" aluminum wheel, single wall...

but the whole thing is, i have a manic mechanic hub adapter nicely clamped onto the hub, and the whole thing looks really nice and sturdy... but i am also paranoid from reading about everyone using strong rear wheels...

would i be okay with this wheel, running off a 9.4hp morini engine?
I would say no, as my first long ride I bent a rear rim with a Morini S6S. See my post in the Morini section on the 70 mile ride and my review of performance. i believed in my summary i stressed the need for the strongest wheels you can get. Thread is located here http://motorbicycling.com/f47/morini-7th-annual-sd-ride-results-33022.html

In that thread I mention that the bike will do 50 plus mph with a 200 pound rider (and it does not take long to get up to that speed). One other thing I highly recommend is getting the best brakes you can afford.

Just my 2 cents