Schwinn Landmark, Clairmont, Southport, Lakeshore, What's the Diffy?

GoldenMotor.com

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Are there any real differences between the Schwinn Landmark, Clairmont, Southport, and Lakeshore other than price?

I am looking for a steel cruiser frame with a rear derailleur, front and rear handbrakes, and all of these seem to fit the bill.

I would guess that the that the higher you go in price, means better quality components, but does the frame remain the same?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Are there any real differences between the Schwinn Landmark, Clairmont, Southport, and Lakeshore other than price?

I am looking for a steel cruiser frame with a rear derailleur, front and rear handbrakes, and all of these seem to fit the bill.

I would guess that the that the higher you go in price, means better quality components, but does the frame remain the same?
You forgot the Schwinn Jaguar.
They do come with slightly different components like some Jags have
the concave rear axle which won't work with a sprocket hub adapter.

A recent blue/silver model Jaguar that I bought had slightly better
V brake parts than an older one but basically they are all about the same
regardless of price so your guess is not correct.

The wheels and brake pads will need to be upgraded if you put too many
miles on one even though the stock pads are capable of getting the back
wheel off the ground on low speed stops standing on the pedals. lol

Last edited:

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
From what I have seen, they are all pretty much the same bike, just in different colors and prices.

I think the southport is the only one that doesn't have a rack or fenders.

RandyWhite

Jul 23, 2011
Idaho
I have had my clairmont for over 650 miles and had nothing broke that wasn't my fault. I allowed the rag joint to get loose and it ended up breaking a couple spokes but that is my fault.

Other than the fender tab breaking which anyone will tell you will happen, it is going strong.

The landmark is doing well. My 70something year old grandfather is using it and hasn't reported any issues.

The biggest difference between the models is the paint for the most part.

IreBo

Jul 22, 2011
Monterey,CA
I love my Clairmont. great bike for the cash and no coaster. great $60 sumthin upgrade from the huffy cranbrook! and yea i think becides paint and acc. they are the same..imo i got mine shipped to my house and it came with a bent rear derailur. weak so i had to fix it but thats all. clearcoated decals also instead of stickers, perty darn nice lookin!

Last edited: