Wiring and confused

GoldenMotor.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

writer6193

May 18, 2011
Florida
Hello, I recenlly purchased a kit from Ebay and the instructions were quite vague at best. I see connect the blue to the blue, the black to the black, the white wire is a 7.5V generator wire? (What's that all about?) The "kill switch" has a black and yellow wire but the instructions say to connect the "blue" to the "Blue"; and the "white" to "earth?" Now if there is no battery, how can there be a "earth" or "ground for a bike with rubber tirespino.?"Please help if you can, Thanks, John.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Forget your kit instructions. Cap and wrap that stupid white wire and splice the two wires, color makes no difference, from the kill switch to the blue and black wire. The white wire will give you a possible 6 to 9 volts, AC which can be used for a low wattage, 2.5 to 3 watt max headlight. That isn't much light and can possibly degrade the performance of the ignition system. Forget the white wire and insulate it so it can not come in contact with anything. Good luck.
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Sorry writer but I must close this thread before it gets worse.

Send me or 2door a PM and we will be happy to walk you through wiring your kill switch to the CDI

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.