Downhill vs. X-Thick Tubes?

GoldenMotor.com

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
I like the X-Thick tubes they sell at Walmart but they have slime in them. It just says 5X thicker than regular tubes on the box. Now I get online and I'm looking at Downhill tubes. It says they are 2.25mm thick. Is that as thick as the walmart slime tubes that are 5X as thick as regular tubes? Or what X-Thick tubes have you had luck with that are sold online for a good price? Do you have a link? Thanks.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I would not worry about the slime in those tubes if not having slime is your Idea? Pre slimed tubes have so little product in them it is a miracle if'n they work at all..

As for me however I get the thickest tire tube combo I can find, and load a whole bottle in there. Unless I run over the likes of some spiked Alien fetus or somthing in the road? I can ride untill the tire goes away and the tube starts sticking out. No problem. I like the Idea of getting home then working on somthing too Massdrive. Side of the road can be depressing.

It is sad IMO how many folks will put faith in those markiting hype type tubes. Now when ther is enough product in this get up. Your bullet proof baby. In My experiance.

Our go carts at work needed an over haul. Tires were going soft. I hate it when all the air moves to the bottom of the tire . snork

Any way sombody tried using a tire plug on a tubless golf cart wheel. They made that hole so big it was ruined. I tried to get a tube here locally. Ended up with a tube that was not a good match. So I just casully wiped out the bulk of the old dried up slime that was in it.

I loaded a brand new fresh bottle in this pig with the tube thrown away. Put it back together. That was over a month ago. Nobody has done a thing to it what so ever. This thing gets about 30 miles a day on it through more than plenty of our nasty mess of Goat Head stickers over here.. This tire will work perfect till the tread is too thin to represent a functioning tire anyway. For more than 30 years I have used this product.

Pre slimed tube I needed that makes me laugh again.

That Old product in there had jelled up a bit. All I did was clean out the valve cores with a paper towel and put them back together.

Put them cores at ''noon'' not 6 oclock. Then top off air if neccessary. Prolly never have to wipe them again. Well untill the wrong fellow does it wrong. Then of course I will just wipe them off and put them back together. As long as the buisness runs!

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I hear you what size tube are you looking for? My down hill tubes were I think about 4mm thick. I have not used a patch kit in so long it is alien to me.