RedB66's Inspired: Stretch Cruiser & Choppers Tips Tricks & Modifications

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
RedB66's Gas Tanks Stretch Modifications for stock bicycle engine kits.
RedB66, also has a Bicycle engine Gas Tank Modification, which allows for custom designing to stock tank / converting it into a Stretch Gas Tank, I'll have to add the link here later...

RedB66's Motor Mount Modification / Tip.
These RedB66 designed motor-mounts that I first used on my Stretch Cruiser Builds, were of the U-bolt Muffler clamp, which as far as I know was first shown in use by RedB66!

Always the innovator, RedB66 soon discovered that the clamps used on Jeeps / SUV's / Off Road-Dune Buggy style cars used a CNC Milled Clamp, that allowed for mounting your flood lights and other accessories to Roll Bars / Roll Cages, etc ...etc...these clamps come is various sizes:
BILLET UNIVERSAL MOUNT, 1'' TUBE $ 9.95
BILLET UNIVERSAL MOUNT, 1-1/4'' TUBE $ 9.95
BILLET UNIVERSAL MOUNT, 1-1/2'' TUBE $ 11.95
BILLET UNIVERSAL MOUNT, 1-3/4'' TUBE $ 11.95.

The only thing you need next for a Stretch Cruiser Build's Billet Mounts, would be the A-24 Simpson Strong Ties available at most Home Improvement stores. See Link in RedB66's quoted post below, for A-24's.

Here's a couple pictures of the newest mounts I've been using. These mounts have evolved from u-bolts to muffler clamps and now roll bar clamps. They can be used on a number of larger frame tube applications. Total cost less than $20.

Keep in mind that my so called "Shop" consist of a good bench vice and a hack saw. Point being that these are pretty easy to make. The angle piece I use is a Simpson A24 construction tie.

Source links
Buggy Billet Alum. Accessories - Page 1
A24 Angle - A24 at The Home Depot
For those of you considering a Schwinn Stingray Chopper Motorized Bicycle build, I prefer the Billet Specific Mount which is also a Custom CNC Billet Aluminum mount for my Schwinn Motorized Chopper builds, these mounts have the correct offset for precise chain alignment, these are no drill / are designed to be non crushing of bottom tube, these are bolt on, saves time and headaches, if you haven't seen them check them out at pedalchopper.com.

This thread is going to have links to as many of RedB66's & Other members, Tips, Tricks and Modifications for those of you who are new to motorizing the Stretch Cruiser or Chopper Bicycle, so I'd call this post a source thread for these mod's and more...

C.H.