Trying to find some Miller Lights kits

GoldenMotor.com

davidstipek

Jan 25, 2013
chiangmai, Thailand
I used a front and rear Light kit from my old Bicycle (Dad had stored in loft of Barn)

I welded hole in top closed and ground smooth had all the guts removed and rechromed case. Cleaned up glass lens with toilet cleaner (works good to get rid of stains and rust!) This light used two bulbs both small base screw - in style flashlight type bases. I found a supplier here tht offered 6V and 12V Halogen style bulbs with same style base :). adding a capacitor helped to stop bulb failures (3 years now same bulb!!)

The same for bullet style Taillight. removed everything and had it rechromed. It has a glass red lens and a horseshoe shaped bracket that secured in base with one screw thru back of base into rear of horseshoe clamp. I removed the original mounting and used the hole to rivot a left or right side bracket (depends on which way you bent it) I tried both and ended up with a fender mount. Can be seen good from either side or rear of bike. (Lens had a raised bullet center that really amplified the light. Now the good stuff! I made a wafer board to hold in 5 star point pattern 5 Micro LEDs for Brake Light, and 2 LEDs in center for tail light. either vertical or horizontal doesn't matter. I chose horizontal...looks good! I then notched wafer board to fit against inside of lens secured tight by horseshoe bracket. LED's are 12V but will light with 6V also. )I used 2 in original plastic taillight on my wife's bike and using 12V Dynometer she says less strain pedaling than 6W 12V bulbs were.)

Incidently, you can use 2 cell phone batteries stack them to get 7.4V or use 4 and get 14.8V, add a 4 wire honda Rectifier/Regulater and Diode to keep from draining back to Dyno and have a fantastic Light system (add a off switch) but gives you light when stopped at stopsign in dark area! Get seen!! is most important at night!! Either way you can use older 6V dynos and lights or 12V add a Capacitor 12V pus side other side ground! keeps bulbs stable!

I want to find some source to get more of these headlights and Tail lights!!! I loved the miller 50 yrs ago and still today! Can't believe Dad kept all our junk :)

Daviddance1

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I used a front and rear Light kit from my old Bicycle (Dad had stored in loft of Barn)

I welded hole in top closed and ground smooth had all the guts removed and rechromed case. Cleaned up glass lens with toilet cleaner (works good to get rid of stains and rust!) This light used two bulbs both small base screw - in style flashlight type bases. I found a supplier here tht offered 6V and 12V Halogen style bulbs with same style base :). adding a capacitor helped to stop bulb failures (3 years now same bulb!!)

The same for bullet style Taillight. removed everything and had it rechromed. It has a glass red lens and a horseshoe shaped bracket that secured in base with one screw thru back of base into rear of horseshoe clamp. I removed the original mounting and used the hole to rivot a left or right side bracket (depends on which way you bent it) I tried both and ended up with a fender mount. Can be seen good from either side or rear of bike. (Lens had a raised bullet center that really amplified the light. Now the good stuff! I made a wafer board to hold in 5 star point pattern 5 Micro LEDs for Brake Light, and 2 LEDs in center for tail light. either vertical or horizontal doesn't matter. I chose horizontal...looks good! I then notched wafer board to fit against inside of lens secured tight by horseshoe bracket. LED's are 12V but will light with 6V also. )I used 2 in original plastic taillight on my wife's bike and using 12V Dynometer she says less strain pedaling than 6W 12V bulbs were.)

Incidently, you can use 2 cell phone batteries stack them to get 7.4V or use 4 and get 14.8V, add a 4 wire honda Rectifier/Regulater and Diode to keep from draining back to Dyno and have a fantastic Light system (add a off switch) but gives you light when stopped at stopsign in dark area! Get seen!! is most important at night!! Either way you can use older 6V dynos and lights or 12V add a Capacitor 12V pus side other side ground! keeps bulbs stable!

I want to find some source to get more of these headlights and Tail lights!!! I loved the miller 50 yrs ago and still today! Can't believe Dad kept all our junk :)

Daviddance1
David, you definitely are in the right place ie our Forum, your work / skills will be appreciated and if I may say so your work is quite inspiring!

Try this link below they are still in business:
http://www.millerlightingproducts.com/products/nostalgic_glass.asp

C.H.