Will, just make sure that you bring at least 2 fire extinguishers! :D

SoSauty aka Will has been the force behind getting our
Motorized Bicycle races scored accurately all the way back
to the Death race in Tucson.
Will brings the flags and scorecards to all the races and helps
out in many other ways too.

In recognition of his dedication and perseverance SoCal Motor
Bicycle Racing is awarding Will the highly coveted race # 14
and in so doing making him an honorary Gas Biker.

Traditionally ebike racers have had race #'s from 100 to 140 and
Will was using # 114

Thank you Will and see you at Grange Motor Circuit. :)
Oh.........that made my eyes water just a little bit......wait, it was just a bit of dust off the ceiling fan laff

But seriously.....that's cool cuz Will does perticipate a ton at these events. He might wanna bring 3 fire extinguisher's though, in case he farts in his tent with 20+ candles burning inside it.......seriously rotfl

.wee.

Keep up the great work Will !

SoSauty

Feb 4, 2011
Bako, CA
What an Honor MBR; stuff like this really motivates a soul. I've got Tony Stewart's NASCAR number to go with his, I'll crash you before you take 1st place from me attitude. I do have tears in my eyes, not from dust but from laughing . . . oh tickle he he. .

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
I don't think Im racing this one. I had one rough long weekend and had to put my dog to sleep. I know I'm a whimp & I don't care, he was my buddy. I really don't have any motivation to look at my bike yet alone work on it because of my loss. I'll still go but later in the morning when the races begin. See everyone then.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I don't think Im racing this one. I had one rough long weekend and had to put my dog to sleep. I know I'm a whimp & I don't care, he was my buddy. I really don't have any motivation to work on my bike at all because of my loss. I'll still go but later in the morning when the races begin. See everyone then.
Dave, really sorry to hear that. I had to do the same to my 10 year old dog a few years ago and I still haven't gotten over it. No more dogs for me.

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I don't think Im racing this one. I had one rough long weekend and had to put my dog to sleep. I know I'm a whimp & I don't care, he was my buddy. I really don't have any motivation to work on my bike at all because of my loss. I'll still go but later in the morning when the races begin. See everyone then.
Really sorry to hear that Dave......we'll miss you on the track. Great job you did on the vids at Adam's, thank you for sharing man. Take care and we'll see you soon.......

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
What an Honor MBR; stuff like this really motivates a soul. I've got Tony Stewart's NASCAR number to go with his, I'll crash you before you take 1st place from me attitude. I do have tears in my eyes, not from dust but from laughing . . . oh tickle he he. .
There he is in April, all set up in his favorite Grange pit row camping site complete
with a smokey HF 2 stroke generator for his trusty sort of low powered ebike racer.

Uh, oh there is no mandatory fire extinguisher in sight so hang out with Will
at your own risk, luckily everyone signed one of those waivers saying that you
won't sue Jim Granger or me if you happen to get burnt, mutilated or die.

Note the red cap hopefully displaying some nascar guys number and Wills
old race # 105 on his shirt.
Should be an easy fix to remove a 1 from 114 for the next race.

One of the reasons for all the fire extinguisher jokes.

The starting line up for the 50cc 4 stroke class, mixed with some eBikes, GX 35 cc Hondas
and dmb aka dennis the menace in back on his hopped up Morini screamer.

Yes, I provide those very stylish pie plate number plates if you show up without one. :D

2 35 cc GEBE powered bikes ridden by Strotter and his son. yes, you can race just about
anything on the track.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I don't think Im racing this one. I had one rough long weekend and had to put my dog to sleep. I know I'm a whimp & I don't care, he was my buddy. I really don't have any motivation to look at my bike yet alone work on it because of my loss. I'll still go but later in the morning when the races begin. See everyone then.
Dave,
Sorry to hear about your lost. I know what your going through because my 14 year pup past away last year. It's tough losing your most loyal friend.

Just bring the 212 anyways just in case you get the last minute urge.
After the last race, I don't think there's nothing that needs to be worked on.

Ken

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Thank you everyone for the kind words. It kinda snuck on us. He had fluid in his lungs and his heart couldn't take the medicine. Long story short, he held on long enough for my gf & I go see him for the last time.

I'm getting a new engine but just might put it in the same bike but I don't know yet. It's a smaller engine so I'll be in Neil's mid range class 79cc - 160cc

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Sorry to hear about your buddy's passing. It really sucks that God only gives 'mans best friend' 10-15 years to be with us. :/
Just remember this... Your dog would've wanted you to get out there & race! :)

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
how right you are norm. dog's alway's want the best for their human's... sorry to say it doesn't always work the other way... my dog's are always glad to see me come home. if for 2 minute's. more than my ex-wife did! dennis

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Really sorry for your loss Dave. I went through the same thing last year and it hurt, what made it a little easier was the other dog I had could feel my pain and became very close to me. Man's best friend...like the other guys posted...

Show up, bring the bike, race if you like or just chill.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
For all you peeps that don't read over at the other forum here
is a race challenge from the infamous jaguar. :)

jaguar said:
I am brainstorming now because JNMotors wants me to make them a firebreathing 66cc engine to win at the races.

I think with a slightly opened intake with a Rock Solid reed valve we could win (mostly because of my torque pipe) but I really want it even better.

That all in conjuction with a 18mm carb.
I am looking forward to seeing JNMotors give Arrow Motorized Cycles and Piston Bikes some competition.

Are you going to have the bike ready for the October 20th race?

PS: Arrow Motorized Cycles uses a 24 mm Mikuni on their reed valve setup

jaguar said:
It will be hard to make that deadline but I will try.

When I was talking to Dionel of JNMotors I told him; "You are mentioning every hop-up except the most important one.

Every item you mentioned can only give a max of 10% power gain, whereas the one thing you are overlooking can give 50-100% gain- the expansion chamber!

And all the pipes available for this engine are completely wrong for it because they only offer a narrow powerband, whereas a single speed ride needs a very broad powerband which also holds true for racing since all the riding (except for the start) is done from half to full speed.

With my torque pipe you will leave them all behind at the start and then exiting every turn you will gain even more distance. After one lap you will have to stop to look and see where your "competitors" are.ha!"

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
oh wow! a 18mm carb... why even show up? it's in the bag...i got a old harley carb.. maybe..nah, too fast for me.

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Wow! He had me shaking in my boots there for a minute. I'm just Thanking my lucky stars I don't have to race against him.....

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Actually those HTs have gotten A LOT faster than when they first started racing. Aren't the lap times close between us and them.