Magrider builds race bike for brother

GoldenMotor.com

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
My brother, magrider builds a 212cc Predator in the 2011-2012 winter. It was a long build since I work weekends and we only had 2-3 hours a week for the build. Our pops also helped out with the build and withstood the cold nights while we tackled this project. I picked up the Macargi frame for $25 bucks.
Parts by sickbikeparts.com and affordablegokarts.com. A custom tank built by CCC.
I just changed the oil, has fresh hookworms to wrap Halo wheels, all chains are cleaned and lubed and this bike is ready and waiting to get it on.

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Re: Magrider builds 212cc Predator race bike for brother

Adams race 9-15-12, At 107 degrees I swear I will never do that again, not worth it. 2 days later and Im still trying to hydrate myself.
Unlimited class heat 1. My bike was squiggly thru some of the turns and couldn't go as fast as I wanted.

I couldnt get the start and first lap to work on the clip. Headtrama's in front of me then Easy Rider.
Unlimited class heat 2

Unlimited class main

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca

Ohh Yeaa Got a new GX120 for this thing. It'll be racing in the mid class races but I am not racing 10/20 but I'll be there to chill out.
dance1

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca

What kind of mods do you have planned for that GX 120?
4) >50cc Mid Range Class:
Harbor Freight 79 cc Greyhound
Harbor Freight 99 cc Predator
Honda GX 100 / GX 120
Honda GX 160 / GC160
Whizzer 136cc
Pit Bike Cag 4+ hp 2 stroke
GP 460 47cc 4.5 hp 2 stroke
Briggs & Stratton 5 hp
Morini 5.8 hp 2 stroke
I was thinking about that and I want to keep it fun for me & run with the pack, not blow them away, not falling behind, & certainly not drop a wad of cash into the engine.

I don't want a bike that goes fast enough to go on a freeway, then I don't want a bike that goes too slow and get lapped.

I think my target is to go as fast as the modified 99cc predator. If it means leaving the governor in then I'll keep it in.

So back to your question, I have no idea but I do have the stage 1 hop-up kit by www.nr-racing.com

Last edited:

sprocketz

Oct 4, 2012
los angeles

My brother, magrider builds a 212cc Predator in the 2011-2012 winter. It was a long build since I work weekends and we only had 2-3 hours a week for the build. Our pops also helped out with the build and withstood the cold nights while we water delivery los angeles tackled this project. I picked up the Macargi frame for $25 bucks.
Parts by sickbikeparts.com and affordablegokarts.com. A custom tank built by CCC.
I just changed the oil, has fresh hookworms to wrap Halo wheels, all chains are cleaned and lubed and this bike is ready and waiting to get it on.

this bike is awesome! i wouldn't mind taking it for a spin.trlrl.

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
before

after

wow i was really studying the pictures and what a big difference & 25 bucks for the frame, shoot I dont care

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca

WOW! LOOK'S LIKE SOMEONE SHOT THAT WITH A..... small gun... low c.g. nice.

LabRat

Dec 24, 2011
Ruston, Washington

Id like the 411 on that jack shafted disk brake. Close ups? How too and maby parts list..

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca

It's real sensitive when you apply the brake. The parts list is just like a plug and play.
It takes a little bit of umph to get the 2 parts to screw together but it isn't coming apart.
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=113&osCsid=ehpo4abd5ev13md1nnra08nnt2

http://www.bicycledesigner.com/bike-parts/disc-brake-conversion-kit-adapter.html

A few people use this (1 part) from AGK and the rotor bolts right up using the 3 holes.

http://www.affordablegokarts.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=A&Product_Code=0502&Category_Code=PCJ

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Got the billet flywheel installed on the GX120. I have up to date pictures of the engine installed in the bike but there's a mod that my brother did to the bike but I'm not going to reveal just yet

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Still a few more things to work on and still working on the exhaust. The engine should be ready to start up for the first time real soon.

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
We started up the GX120 for the first time last weekend and I'd have to say is this thing is quiet. Alot quieter than the 212cc even with the silencer being shorter. Good luck hearing me sneak up on you for the pass hahaha... I had to order a new jackshaft and then we'll go for the first ride soon....

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Thanks Jeff and Steve is the mastermind at modding the frame.
Got a new drum for the clutch, sure does expose the disc. Maybe it helps the cooling down of the disc I dont know but it looks cool

Last edited:

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
Started the engine break in process and I'm really starting to like the GX120. The carb is tuned up and after the engine break in I'll be playing with the gear ratio and have it set up for the first race in which my brother will be racing it on April 13

Last edited: