Help on some info.!!

GoldenMotor.com

dpj247

Jun 22, 2012
chicago
hey everybody,
I'm 16 and I wanted to make a motorized bike out of my own. I know I have to get the kit for make this happen but since I'm 16 I need a 50cc engine. I was looking for the fastest engine possible for 50cc but also a cheap kit something under $200. I was hoping somebody could show me a link or even sell me a motorized bike. This might not make sense because I am new and all but I was hoping somebody could assist me.

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
the fastest kit for that price is the same one as all of them... all engines are made the same...(typically) i dont know of anyone that sells ported engines with expansion chamber or smaller sprockets....as a kit.. sorry your best bet is to do what we do... buy an engine install it... and go form there... 200 is a good start... you'll probably end up paying at least another 100 to achieve that speed...with upgrades.... good luck.

dpj247

Jun 22, 2012
chicago
so if i bought a 50cc motorized bike kit the max speed on it would go maybe 40mph? thats what im looking for.I want something thats not slow. i want something thats 30-40mph. i want 35mph minimum for max speed

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Most kits will take you to 25-30MPH fairly easily, to go faster than that you will have to do some tuning and some modifying...

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
DPJ, 25-30 on a bicycle is pretty fast. you'd think it's pretty slow, but like I said, 25-30 is very fast. But, is the bike safe at that speed? Are the brakes good enough to stop you. Because these brakes aren't made (unless you have a high end down hill mountain bike) to go faster then 10-15.. How about the wheel bearings, are they rated for going over 15 or 20?
Don't buy a bike to go fast, because you're 16. You're 16, not invincible. I'm a dumb daredevil, too. But I build my stuff up. If you want to go fast, buy something that's supposed to go fast.
For now, get a good bike with gears on the back. Pay 180 bucks for a good engine kit. PROPERLY break it in, following instructions maticulously. Once you've properly adhered to the brake in period, get a Sick-Bike-Parts shift kit. By then, you'll know how to tincker with the bike enough to install it (and it's another 200 bucks). That will allow you to use the motor to drive the crank (pedals) and shift gears. That can take you up to about 30-40. But, you better build your bike for that speed. Better have good brakes, too!!!

Here is the SBP (sickbikeparts) shift kit -->SBP shift kit