Long Cables and Chains

GoldenMotor.com

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
In this thread I'd like it if we could post our Specs and Sources for the much needed long-cable mods for our stretch cruisers and choppers. please donate a second of your time and share what bike/cable length, or bike/chain length and motor position you have come up with.

what rear brake cable length did you use on your OCC frame?

what size chain and length for your Puma, Mustang, Greenline, felt, etc...?

Ill kick it off with a question:
I have a common frame. the micargi mustang. if you have made one, how long of a rear brake cable, and where did you get it?

also for the Ape hangin crowd-
how long of a cable did you use for the front disc?

Last edited:

waynestore67

Nov 5, 2010
missisippi
WalMart was selling a cable tune up kit with some pretty long cables for around $5.00. See my "southern fried rat" thread. 26" apehangers required long cables. Hope this helps. W.L.

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
Hi all I have built a chopper frame that has almost the same size frame as the OCC black widow motor bike and i just use jagwire hyper cables for tandems price for both brake and gear cables cost me $10.90 rear and my front break cable is just a standard length cable

Dogtown Burner

Sep 15, 2011
Los Angeles
Hi all I have built a chopper frame that has almost the same size frame as the OCC black widow motor bike and i just use jagwire hyper cables for tandems price for both brake and gear cables cost me $10.90 rear and my front break cable is just a standard length cable
Thanks man. Good stuff

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
I have a shift kit and 6 speed hub on my stretch cruiser. I just buy two chains and splice them together to get the length I need. Make my own cables too.

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
all of the stretchs I have built used tandem cables ,an on average needed 2 an 1/2 chains . I just love being extreem .