"Denver Area Ride VI"

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Smashburger? As long as I can have a beer with it?

LOL, I was over by there a week or so ago and just had to stop in and get one. Good lunch for hungry bikers :)

I really hope someone has a video camera. We need a vid of our rides to share with the other members. Still photos just don't do justice to our travels.

Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Smashburger? As long as I can have a beer with it?

LOL, I was over by there a week or so ago and just had to stop in and get one. Good lunch for hungry bikers :)

I really hope someone has a video camera. We need a vid of our rides to share with the other members. Still photos just don't do justice to our travels.

Tom
Beer and beef it is...

Tom, I have a camera but it doesn't allow to pause the video, once it's stopped then you can only start a new video, not continue on from the paused point. I'll bring it either way.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ted's out. He has no way to transport his bike and he's having some trouble with his insurance company and currently has no insurance to drive anything. He says he'll have that fixed today but still has nothing to haul a bike in.
He said to tell all the guys to have a good ride and if we do another one this year he'll try to make it.
He's been riding his bike every day and this morning told me he's burned six gallons of fuel so far. That's some riding, huh?
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Ted's out. He has no way to transport his bike and he's having some trouble with his insurance company and currently has no insurance to drive anything. He says he'll have that fixed today but still has nothing to haul a bike in.
He said to tell all the guys to have a good ride and if we do another one this year he'll try to make it.
He's been riding his bike every day and this morning told me he's burned six gallons of fuel so far. That's some riding, huh?
Tom
Well thats sucks, but what can you do. He needs to work on a way to transport it on his car or just rent a Uhaul pickup when we have big rides (like $20). There's always next time. :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I hope everyone else is looking forward to this ride; I know I am. The trees won't be in full fall colors, especially down in the vally but if we get to the top of the switch back trail it should be beautiful up there.
Does anyone know how high we climb when we do that trail? From Lakeside to the top of the switch back? It has to be close to 1k?
Tom

NashOpel

Jul 10, 2009
Arvada,CO
I do have an hd camcorder if no one else is going to bring one but I dont do youtube. I can make either cds or dvds though. The top of the switch back is 6000 ft.
Yes Im ready.

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I am definitely looking forward to this ride. I want to take a picture and compare it to the spring-time picture that I took earlier this year. Greenbelts, tree-covered trails and some good eat'n, oh yeah!

I'll see you guys tomorrow. .rd.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks guys.
What a beautiful day for a ride. It might have been our last of the season, no guarnatees there, but what a way to close out. Perefct weather, beautiful scenery, fall leaves, good food, cold beer and a too cool cop who just warned us to observe the speed limits on the trails.
Doesn't get much better than that. Oh, and some great guys to ride with. :)
Thanks again.
Tom

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
had a great ride today had a little trouble with my 33cc GEBE keeping up with the pack on some of the hills but that just lets me know what i gota tweak and improve thanks for the fun today you guys

cant wait to see the pics and vids .

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
What a day yesterday! I'm glad to see that these rides are becoming more popular; if we can get a full roster of riders then we could have close to 15 out there. Till the next time my friends :D

This is a good photo of Tom going about 20mph up the switchbacks

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
I should have taken a picture of Tom & Will talking to "Johnny Law" . . . I know George has some video coming, but I will be getting a helmet camera soon so we can get some POV for other members to see our riding.

xct2

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Awesome! All it needs is a little John Denver music.
That was a ride we'll judge all others by, guys. Thanks again to all of you. And a special thanks to George for his filming efforts. Too cool. :)
Tom

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Good 1st video, they'll get better from here. We need to remember to stay close when your filming so others get a good view of all the bikes when in motion. Maybe we should use radios, so when your about to start filming I can slow the pack down if we are apart. I found a helmet cam for a decent price, I think I'm going to grab it when I can. :) I can't wait to see a video of us going down the switch-backs.