magneto supplied 36 volt charger..Possible?

GoldenMotor.com

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
I want to recharge my batteries while the gas engine is running, has anyone come across a charger schematic that will allow 2 to 6 volts charge a 36 volt pack...I understand step up transformers....but is there a way to do it with capacitors and a transformer?

seems I need to "capture" the small voltages until they equal 36v then release it to the pack...

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Unfortunately the problem may be more complex than jus' gettin' one of these: Adjustable DC-DC Step-up Converter | eBay

as the Chinese in frame two stroke kits don't have a proper charging system, no regulator/rectifier or even a true lighting coil - they often have problems powering even a single 6v flashlight bulb & maintaining a spark;

The white wire will produce an AC (alternating current) voltage of about 6 to 9 volts depending on engine rpm. You need to keep in mind however that the wattage is restricted to about 2.5 to 3 watts.
Tom
Have you considered the small solar battery maintainers? Ya jus' might get more output frm them lol Does your hub motor have any regenerative capabilities?

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
Unfortunately the problem may be more complex than jus' gettin' one of these: Adjustable DC-DC Step-up Converter | eBay

as the Chinese in frame two stroke kits don't have a proper charging system, no regulator/rectifier or even a true lighting coil - they often have problems powering even a single 6v flashlight bulb & maintaining a spark;

Have you considered the small solar battery maintainers? Ya jus' might get more output frm them lol Does your hub motor have any regenerative capabilities?
I havent taken any rolling numbers...just spun the wheel briefly by hand...and yes...at the wheel...I was seeing ac 2-4 volts 500 milliamps and at the battery side of the controller about 250 milliamps dc 1-6v, so yes it charges...if I can get 1 amp out of the coil that would be fabulous...and I'm not against solar as well...regen from hub, solar and gas engine contibutions are all in the works...I understand I need to isolate the white wire current with a capacitor and rectifier...I am really looking for a schematic that makes sense. hopefully something analogue and simple...