Genesis 29'' mountain bike with 66cc Grubee gt5

GoldenMotor.com

Gablesleo

Jun 11, 2011
Miami, Fl
First step in my build, Took off all the red and black decals.
Straight Black looks much more elegant.
Im going to go get a rack for it today.

I just want to .wee.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
good luck with itI was just going to make a thread with this name lol then i saw this. I first bought a walmart front cage/rack and it would not clip on to the big tubes for the handlebars. my next mod was to buy x2 light for front and back.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Cool stuff guys, I'd like to see better pics of yours Acraze, and I can't what to see what you do with yours Gablesleo

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
What do you think of the 29 inch? I am considering a second build and I'd like a distance ride.
I had the Gary Fisher which was a 27 inch wheel I think and it was really fast.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
What do you think of the 29 inch? I am considering a second build and I'd like a distance ride.
I had the Gary Fisher which was a 27 inch wheel I think and it was really fast.

The 29 tubes might be bigger. I had problems with rear motor mount and gas tank bolts.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
First step in my build, Took off all the red and black decals.
Straight Black looks much more elegant.
Im going to go get a rack for it today.

I just want to .wee.
I like it. Is it made by Kent Bicycles? I think it'll look good with a rack.

barryd

Aug 3, 2011
Jackson,Tenn
I just bought this bike myself ordered parts to get ready to build.I ordered a RT performance card from Daxthat.com and a 36 tooth sprocket off of Boygofast on ebay and a front mounting bracket.I,m hoping it wont be to much trouble getting everything together.so keep us posted on how your build goes.I have a RAW motors 66cc that is going on the bike. good luck Barry

kassult

Oct 23, 2010
Wisconsin
I was just looking at this bike at my local walmart, but it looked to me like the frame tubes were bigger than the 25-29mm standard if you don't want to use the universal mounting plate. I need a new bike since the one I have my engine on right now kinda fell apart at the rear wheel and the cost to fix it isn't worth the bike. Anyway, does anyone know the exact measurements of the tube diameter?

barryd

Aug 3, 2011
Jackson,Tenn
I will measure them and get with you tomorrow,today I will be starting on my build of my Genisus.I will let you know how it goes,hopefully not to difficult.Barry.we.

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I'm confused of where to get replacement front disk pads. Walmart nor the bike shop carry them. Do you have to call Kent?

njyork42

Apr 26, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Just got this bike today for my second build... Waiting on motor to arrive so I am pulling everything apart, regreasing, adjusting, and using locktite. I don't feel like reading this whole thread, what are the main problems you had?

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Here are some pics of my 29" genesis mountain bike and some detail
This is my first build. Boy did i go through alot of trial and error. My first recomendation for anyone wanting to build a bike is, if you buy one of the kits, is to pretty much scrap everything but the motor.The motor is the 58cc Phantom edition I found almost everything is quickly prone to falure or just sub-par. So i started replacing it all with the best i could find availible. From JNMotors came the Jagure ignition and performance carb, Boost Bottle, From Sick Bike Parts- the black expansion chamber exhaust. From Manic Mechanic came the hub adapter. Pirate cycle 44 tooth sprocket. a D.I.D. ER 415 chain with a sealed bearing gear chain tensioner. And the bike is a 29" Genesis. i also installed the wide cranks and old school bear trap pedals which help keep your feet on the pedals when you hit a bump at 35mph!
I have really ejoyed putting it together, Im almost bummed cuz getting it right was half the fun, but now watching heads turns and the compliments is pretty cool. I would highly recomend motorbiking to anyone.

Ride Happy
Ride Safe

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
You really did a lot of stuff to get to this point.

So how's a 29er working out so far.

richirich

Aug 16, 2011
Port Angeles, Washington
Great, it feels more like a motorcycle now than a bike. You know i had the same SBP exhaust but when i started modifying everything it started choking the motor. But , i think experimenting and building is half the fun..
RIDE ON

njyork42

Apr 26, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Mine is nothing compared to a couple of the other ones in this thread..But here it is.. Just got the motor day before yesterday and put it together yesterday and tuned it to run right today.