Here is my hybrid of a stretched desert runner

GoldenMotor.com

Brokenpedals

Apr 21, 2011
CA
Man that thing is sick! Does the straight pipe work on the 2 stroke? I dig it bro...
thanks bro, was created by the man him self at oldschoolgarage and norm at venicemotorbikes did a great job of supplying the tank, intake mani, and drive chain setup. im not to sure about the straight pipe being the best for a 2 stroke. I clocked it up to 25mph with a headwind once i got the carb tuned but its still running super rich even though the carb is fully leaned out. I get some 4 stroking at the bottom end and top end, between that it runs super smooth! i bet if there was a tuned chambered pipe it would help out big time. the looks of this straight pipe is just killer though so ill sport it for now dnut

Brokenpedals

Apr 21, 2011
CA
Freaky cool... you could loose that thing in tall grass!
Tell us about the ride - how does it handle?
Its honestly not for the heavy weights and its of course like riding a lowrider bike. pretty tricky with balance for the newbie and will honestly freak some out just by peddaling to a point where they dont even think about cranking the motor on (non of my friends have rode it with the motor on yet because of this) the pedals are low but can clear if you know how to keep them raised during a turn, super crouched position with out a doubt.

I rode it for the first time on the beach strand this past saturday from avenue b in redondo to manhattan beach pier and back... about 8 miles total with no motor assist of course....i was dead beat on the return when passing through hermosa. made plenty of beer stops though and caused way to much attention on the strip of hermosa. at one point i was literally surrounded by 12 people just snapping photos! might i add 1 police officer was in there taking snap shots as well and 2 fellas mentioned to me that they saw me from the irish pub up top trying to find parking for the bike and they just had to come down and take photos of it haha! was fun sat afternoon for sure! dance1

dongrigsby

May 3, 2011
mcalester ok
i really love brokenpeddle strech bike im building my first build its a29er i thought it was going to be a problem to put sprocket on the rear wheel it went on very sweet it has more than 36 spokes it lined up very well i live in a small town i just bought a 30 year old bike shop i have alot of good old goodes hope to be visting with you all thanks dlg

Brokenpedals

Apr 21, 2011
CA
i really love brokenpeddle strech bike im building my first build its a29er i thought it was going to be a problem to put sprocket on the rear wheel it went on very sweet it has more than 36 spokes it lined up very well i live in a small town i just bought a 30 year old bike shop i have alot of good old goodes hope to be visting with you all thanks dlg

thanks man! sounds like neat project! good luck on the shop an all!

Brokenpedals

Apr 21, 2011
CA
forgot to add this pic of the rear tail light setup! you cant actually see it if your standing up next to the bike, only from below or behind of course

May 16, 2011
Eugene Oregon
I think if you plugged the pipe with a smaller outlet hidden in the pipe you could keep the same look and get the backpressure you need<then you could hit 30! I love the looks man! sickness! We call that style a Burritto!

Brokenpedals

Apr 21, 2011
CA
lol, thanks guys! i rode it around town the other day for about 2 hours with my buddies on their road bikes.

next mod will be a new seat, this bare plate bruised the **** out of my a$$

2nd, while on the throttle, i noticed when the engine is fully warmed up, nearly at 75% throttle, i can notice a loss in power, im pretty sure this is due to the exhaust setup. i will be looking into adding 1 or 2 washers somewhere along the pipe to see if that helps with a little back pressure cause i would like to keep the look of this exhaust!

3rd, the ride was awesome none the less, some little pain to suffer a first time ride with out no hassle from the cops! I drove by 3! 1 heading towards me slowed down and nodded his head like "ok"?? 2nd one pulled up from behind and threw his siren horn on and gave me a thumbs up?? dance1 and the 3rd one was 2 cops in the car, was in old town torrance, i know cops hang around there all the time so i wanted to see what happens if they saything about my loud exhaust. they pulled up next to me while i stopped at a corner, this is what they said "wow, what a contraption your sitting on there! i see you got your moped plate so i figure you have your registration on you?" i told them of course, it was my first time out with it and was just zipping around town with it. cops said "its a little loud but nothing to bad, just be careful because its not like riding a bicycle!" i told them thanks for the advice and they were both laughing and giving me the thumbs up telling me that it looks sick haha! the passenger cop even took a picture of it!

all in all, it was an awesome first ride...legally!usflg

Brokenpedals

Apr 21, 2011
CA
so I added a washer to the tip of the exhaust, really shut this thing up! helped out with power too, much smoother on the throttle and i can actually hold the throttle open with out it losing power unlike before where i had to be on and off with it. top end got up to 29mph! thats good enough for me, the tail came out from behind me again due to another idiot jumping out the driveway with out the checking both ways! i really need a hand brake, this coaster brake is driving me nuts! disc up front is next!dance1