Bike doesn't "Completely" mount. :(

GoldenMotor.com

Xeno360

Feb 1, 2011
US-NY
Hi guys, So I've recently built my bike and it runs great. ONLY problem now is... Ive actually got it mounted by bolting the back screws to the rear bar, and the front bottom right mount doesnt make it all the way down the bar. so I cant exactly put it together correctly. Being that this is like this the engine is starting to vibrate and bounce. (Which I know is dangerous and damaging!!!) Any ideas how I could successfully mount it? A picture is attached with my bike and the engine. Notice the bottom screes above the white tape on the large bar.

IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT! Thanks guys.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
The motor must br mounted solid,I believe others have done the large tube ,there is a google search bar at the top of the page, type in motor mounts,large tube motor mounts,etc and when the page opens scroll down a short ways and you will see different therads to read about motor mounts,you may find the answer you need there befor it gets answered here

Xeno360

Feb 1, 2011
US-NY
Thanks for the replies and link! Would I be able to purchase clamps and bolts etc. from home depot, like the ones used in the various pictures in the thread?

I have a drill and a clamp I may be able to make fit but I don't wanna drill if I don't have to. I mean, It doesn't matter to me but I just don't wanna weaken the bikes structure if I'm gonna be crusin' pretty fast on it!! lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Whatever you do, don't ride the bike with the engine not attached to the frame in the front. You could do some serious damage to the engine case that might not be repairable.
Read through the link that Venice gave you and decide what works best for you. Good luck.
Tom

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Get The sick bike parts large down tube front mount, one of the best $15 I ever spent on a bike :)
-LS

Xeno360

Feb 1, 2011
US-NY
Hey guys! Just wanted to say, This is SOLVED! :p.

I didn't wanna drill into my frame but after a long consideration I figured it was my easiest and cheapest option! After digging through the extra bike parts I came across.... A flat metal rectangle with 3 holes in it, one on the left one on the right one down the center. The bolt that goes in the middle was very long. I figured this HAD to be what I needed. I drilled a nice hole right through and bolted the motor to the metal rectangle, threw the bolt down the middle and viola I have my self a mounted motor! :)

Only problem I'm having now is my engine sputs every so often, Also doesn't idle unless I rev it a bit with the clutch down. (Maybe its cleaning out the carb? IDK! lol). (It also doesn't seem to get as much power as it "Should" but it goes pretty quick as is. I also haven't had a chance to adjust the idle screws that are on it because of how damn cold the winter has been! :(. So I'll solve all that stuff another day!
.duh.

Thanks for all the help!

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
This IS a new motor yes? what kind of carb is on that? if it is an NT I'll help you adjust, if it is a cns, good luck :D
-LS

Xeno360

Feb 1, 2011
US-NY
Hi there! I'm not sure how to check what it is and its currently sitting outside in the freezing cold under a few tarps! xD. But here is the kit I have

kingsmotorbikes(putDOTcomHEREandREMOVEthePARENTHASIS)/grubee_skyhawk_gt2b_48cc_black_finish_bicycle_engine_kit(PUTdotHTMhereANDremovePARAs)

Remove the paras and add dot com and dot htm! LOL. Anyways, Thats the one I have even though I didn't pay for that one.. I payed for the 66/80cc on sale one. not sure whats better but yeah!

PS: Yeah its new