Have you seen these WOW!!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Techbiker

Oct 27, 2009
DFW, Texas
What's so bad about this? I've seen these videos over and over on here but I can't figure out what everyone is so shocked about. Yes, they assemble engines by hand in China.

Repost.

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
I guess I just want a motor of about the same price maybe a little more but made by people with the care to detail that we have thats all lol peace out

LouieMCman

May 28, 2010
GA
What did you expect for 25 cents an hour?
Hey is that an OSHA rep standing by the door?
Hey, those are the people we owe our national debt to!
ect,ect,ect.......

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
What's so bad about this? I've seen these videos over and over on here but I can't figure out what everyone is so shocked about. Yes, they assemble engines by hand in China.

Repost.
Agreed :)

I'll admit at first I loled, but TBH there's shops like that all over this country as well and make no mistake - we charge extra for such "hand crafted quality" heh

I've personally worked in a few generally similar shops, there's any number of small businesses just starting to be successful that bear a striking resemblance to the above - heck, I've even been the guy w/the hammer on more than one occasion ;) As an example, take any number of the vendors here, give them just enough business to require a fabrication shop & makeline & you'd have something not dissimilar goin' on in the garage *shrug*

Also - all those vids are of the assembly stage, anyone seen any vids of the forging & casting stages?

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
I twas looking for but did not see any of the earlier stages of production. And I feel the difference from those shops and the ones you would find here is the people working in the one's here are not being slave worked for nearly nothing and therefore the passion of the job(or in the case of the "garage shop project") is not the same. It is amazing that these motors even run with what these videos show lol.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
... And I feel the difference from those shops and the ones you would find here is the people working in the one's here are not being slave worked for nearly nothing and therefore the passion of the job(or in the case of the "garage shop project") is not the same...
...oh, I dunno ifn I'd be inclined to agree 100% w/that what with the places I've worked at, minimum wage and our economy as it stands... but we're edging awful close to political blech w/that 'un sos I'll leave it be ;)