All Terrain E-Bike

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hanebrink electric bike: The new all-terrain vehicle

by Jonas Dalidd (RSS feed)

Fortune Hanebrink, based in Big Bear Lake, CA, has come up with a pedal-assist electric bike that can get you through a variety of off-road conditions as well as up a hill with ease. It separates itself from other electric bikes both visually and functionally with its eight-inch-wide tubeless tires that are perfect for gliding over sand. At the highest of its 14 gears, the vehicle can reach speeds of up to 20 miles per hour on its own, but it can go faster when assisted by the rider with a little pedal power. As Kane Fortune of Fortune Hanebrink told Gizmag:

The motor is geared through the bicycle gearing so we recommend some pedaling to shift gears if you are looking to achieve the maximum speed from the motor. Power shifting is possible though because it is a bicycle we recommend pedaling through a gear shift. As long as you are in the correct bicycle gear, your pedaling will always allow you to add speed with just minor effort. In a great pedal rhythm, riders can reach speeds up to 35 mph.

Read More... Hanebrink electric bike: The new all-terrain vehicle — Autoblog Green

Attachments

Last edited:

Electric Rider

Nov 8, 2010
Louisiana
It's cute but at 5 grand, I'll pass. Made for sand?

"At the highest of its 14 gears, the vehicle can reach speeds of up to 20 miles per hour on its own, but it can go faster when assisted by the rider with a little pedal power - As long as you are in the correct bicycle gear, your pedaling will always allow you to add speed with just minor effort. In a great pedal rhythm, riders can reach speeds up to 35 mph. "

I would like to see this in action because I doubt this claim very much. On my 18 speed e-bike I cannot pedal with assist over 25 mph no matter what gear I am in.. once the motor is carrying you so fast, your legs can't keep up. That's on a flat street - in sand it would be impossible I think..

They also say all terrain but - I do not see anything about water. How about taking this thing through a flood? My 500 dollar hub motor is designed waterproof and was factory tested submerged for 6 hours - it can be used to motor a boat if need be. Yet this "all Terrain" makes no mention of water.

Yeah, I would be wary of the claims this company makes.