Motorbecane 400HT. Is it ready?

GoldenMotor.com

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Thank you. I do know that the downtube on it is quiet thick so I will need a SBP Large Frame adapter. Does anyone have any experiences with using that adapter while using a stock setup?

ZRTMWA

Feb 23, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Yeah I used the adapter. It's really solid. In fact I realized yesterday that my stock rear mount (seat tube mount) fell off and the front mount was the only thing holding the engine on. I made sure to tighten it up and I will soon order a new rear mount. My down tube was strangely shaped so I also had to put a couple of bent washers under the tube to make the adapter fit properly.

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
I have had this bike for over a year now. Its been really good while I had it. I will be putting an engine on it really soon within the next 2 weeks. What do you guys think?
How can you go wrong, thats one of the best built and most expensive bikes out there. I had one when I was growing up but it was stolen.

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Thank you. = ) I really do like it. However I think I ran into a problem. I was doing a little testing on the bike, and the rear mount doesnt really fit on the seat tube... What can I do about that? Is there any bigger rear mount?

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
Some where in this great website was different ways to mount the rear engine mount when tube was to big, maybe you can find it. They had pictures posted to. Try typing in AZBill posts he does a lot of great work. Myself I am thinking if your bolts clear on both sides of down tube you might be able to grind out the spacer to fit. Good luck to you. Sure hope you can keep that rear disc brake, I was wondering if there was a way to mount that drive sprocket when running rear disc brake.

Last edited:

CoastalCruiser

Apr 28, 2010
Spaced Coast
Do you own a half round file and a bench vise? If so, you can file one of the supllied mounts until it fits your tubing like I did.

Last edited:

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
I actually did try to do that. I succeeded a little. There is still a little space where the tube doesn't not go fully inside. Maybe like 2mm or so. I was wondering if this will hinder me, or will it fit into place when I tighten the engine mount studs down.

StrontiumEthics

Aug 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NYC
Thanks alot. I actually got my engine today. I got a black slant engine from Zoombicycles, it looks VERY sweet! I took the measurements and ordered a SBP Large Front mount for my oversized downtube.I also grinded down the rear mount so that it can sit inside the frame. Sofar the only potential problem is the rear stays. They are a bit curvy and that my interfere with the chain and sprocket. The chain may rub a bit on the stays....