My latest chinagirl motorized bicycle build

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Re: My latest chinagirl build

Rides nice and smooth. I swear these ht motors are getting better and better! The last few I've built fired up instantly and are running great right out of the box! The engine castings seem a little nicer too.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Rides nice and smooth. I swear these ht motors are getting better and better! The last few I've built fired up instantly and are running great right out of the box! The engine castings seem a little nicer too.
Think it might be your experience level? Maybe it's why they run better.

Looks good, maniac. Summer's on the way so you'll be riding more. Enjoy, thanks for sharing.

Tom

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Think it might be your experience level? Maybe it's why they run better.

Looks good, maniac. Summer's on the way so you'll be riding more. Enjoy, thanks for sharing.

Tom
No, much as I'd like to think so. The casting on the jug looks much cleaner on some of the latest kits. I swear they are better assembled too.
I tear down the top end on all new kits and the cylinder porting looks better as well compared to the first few. As far as prep, all I do is inspect and clean them, no porting or matching. I drop the needle to lean them a tad before I start because they are all way too fat from the factory and it makes me sick hearing one blubber like a fat kid eating mayo. I don't do any mods to explain the run of great luck I'm having...(*knocks on wood*)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Now all we have to do is stop them from glueing the spark plug wire in the CDI and get ride of that stupid plastic plug boot and we'll be on our way to better kits. Maybe protect the tanks from rusting on the insides would help too.

I'll admit that I've noticed the cooling fins on the cylinder and heads have been better on the last couple of engines I've had. They're learning, but need a little improvment still.

Tom

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

Yup, but warts and all, they are the coolest toys to come from china in years..
I wish I'd had something like this back in the day. Whizzers were for rich kids...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

You've gotta tell us about that muffler/silencer/handlebar grip thingy on the end of the pipe. What is it? Does it work? :)

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. (It fooled me until I finally saw where it went.)

Nice clean build. Simple and reliable. And isn't that what we want?

Tom

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn

You've gotta tell us about that muffler/silencer/handlebar grip thingy on the end of the pipe. What is it? Does it work? :)

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. (It fooled me until I finally saw where it went.)

Nice clean build. Simple and reliable. And isn't that what we want?

Tom
Look closer, The pipe does not end under the seat, It looks that way due to the bend and the black paint on the front engine section and chrome on the rear section. The pipe ends back by the rear sprocket. Because it crosses through the rear triangle, this pipe layout is impossible to make in one piece, so there is a 6" overlap where the muffler section slips into the engine section. The handgrip simply covers the joint to keep oil from getting everywhere.

Last edited: